+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got Passport Request (PPR). What is the best way to take my wife and son along with me to Canada?

Mr_Kumar

Feb 2, 2023
Ghaziabad
Category........
STUDY
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2022
Med's Done....
21 Nov 2022
Hi Guys,

After a long wait of 137 days, I got PPR just 2 days ago on my study permit application. I am happy about it.

As per suggestion from my College in Canada, I applied just for my study permit when I discussed how to take my wife and son along with me.

Now, when I got PPR, I am seeking the best way to take my wife and son along with me. My intake is Sept 2023. So, I have 5 months in hand.
  1. Will it be good to apply for a visitor visa for my wife and son?
  2. If it is okay then how I should put the application? As...my wife and son want to make me settle down in Canada and in a couple of months they will return back? OR my wife & son apply for a visitor visa as they want to visit Canada as tourists and they will do tourism activity and will return back?
  3. My understanding is... the first option is better as it is more genuine than the second one. What should I do and what the SOP should be like to get their visitor visa easily?
My college suggested (at the time when I applied for a study permit; in Oct 2022) that we should apply for my wife's work permit & son's visitor visa after I reach Canada. Certainly, this is the perfect way to do it. But we genuinely want to go together and seek ways to do so. Please guide me in the best way.

Many Thanks in advance.

Mihir Joshi

Mar 13, 2023
Category........
WP
Hi Guys,

Now, when I got PPR, I am seeking the best way to take my wife and son along with me. My intake is Sept 2023. So, I have 5 months in hand.
Hi Kumar,

We are in exact same spot.

Just that my wife is the Student visa applicant. She has gotten admission in Durham College for Sept'23. We (Me & our son) are going to apply the Visa now. But we are in same dilemma

Option-1 - Apply together through SDS.
Option-2 - Apply only hers through SDS. get Visa approval. Then file our visas while she's here in India. THen travel together.
Option-3 - Apply only hers through SDS. SHe travels there. Based on her enrollment letter we apply our visas
(Open work permit for me & Dependant visa for child)
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/student-visa-dependant-visa-for-family.791537/

Have you made any progress?

Reactions: Mr_Kumar

Mr_Kumar

Feb 2, 2023
Ghaziabad
Category........
STUDY
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2022
Med's Done....
21 Nov 2022
Hi Kumar,

We are in exact same spot.

Just that my wife is the Student visa applicant. She has gotten admission in Durham College for Sept'23. We (Me & our son) are going to apply the Visa now. But we are in same dilemma

Option-1 - Apply together through SDS.
Option-2 - Apply only hers through SDS. get Visa approval. Then file our visas while she's here in India. THen travel together.
Option-3 - Apply only hers through SDS. SHe travels there. Based on her enrollment letter we apply our visas
(Open work permit for me & Dependant visa for child)
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/student-visa-dependant-visa-for-family.791537/

Have you made any progress?
Dear, let me answer your question on your own thread as this seems better for the discussion about your case. Thank you