+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got new passport, but visa stamped in OLD passport - Please help!

jelay_paredes

Aug 20, 2012
Hi Guys,

Hope you can help me with my situation.

I recently got my visa stamped in my old passport. But before I sent my application along with my passport, I have already applied for a new passport but cannot collect it because I need to present the old passport. So as soon as I got my passport back from the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi with my worker entry visa, I also collected my new passport.

However, my visa is stamped in my OLD passport and the Philippine Consulate in Dubai punched my old passport (without punching my UAE Residence visa and Canadian visa pages). Now I am stapling together my old and new passport.

Will this cause a problem during my entry to Canada? Should I email the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi that I recently got a new passport and my visa is stamped in the old passport?

Thank you in advance. I am really worried. Sad

out

Jun 23, 2012
i think you are doing it right - stapling the old passport to the new ones. considering the consul did not bore any hole in your uae and canadian visas; hence signifying respect to the ongoing effectivity of your visas. attaching it all together conveys live visas still in the old passport and it is a common occurrence i am seeing and i myself doing it too.

Rajaryan

Jul 6, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
15-08-2013
AOR Received.
21-10-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
10-11-2013
Med's Done....
23-06-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
In Canada on TFW
@ OUT
Thanks for the info..

jelay_paredes

Aug 20, 2012
out said:
i think you are doing it right - stapling the old passport to the new ones. considering the consul did not bore any hole in your uae and canadian visas; hence signifying respect to the ongoing effectivity of your visas. attaching it all together conveys live visas still in the old passport and it is a common occurrence i am seeing and i myself doing it too.
@ out

Yes, they did not punch both my UAE Residence Visa page and Canada visa page. Other pages have been punched.

Thank you very much for the information and for your help. I am relieved! :D

ismailhiggy

Jun 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Riyadh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Original PP submitted with the application
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2012
LANDED..........
31-12-2012
it is really helpful information

nicholas30

Champion Member
Nov 4, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They (Philippine Consulate) make a note in the new passport about your visas on the old passport if Iam not mistaken, Please check.

atand

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
28 April 2011
AOR Received.
04 Nov 2011
Med's Request
13 Dec 2011
Med's Done....
21 Jan 2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
20-Mar-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2013
jelay_paredes said:
Hi Guys,

Hope you can help me with my situation.

I recently got my visa stamped in my old passport. But before I sent my application along with my passport, I have already applied for a new passport but cannot collect it because I need to present the old passport. So as soon as I got my passport back from the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi with my worker entry visa, I also collected my new passport.

However, my visa is stamped in my OLD passport and the Philippine Consulate in Dubai punched my old passport (without punching my UAE Residence visa and Canadian visa pages). Now I am stapling together my old and new passport.

Will this cause a problem during my entry to Canada? Should I email the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi that I recently got a new passport and my visa is stamped in the old passport?

Thank you in advance. I am really worried. Sad
Hi Jelay!

I am from UAE also. Pareho tayo ng situation na may renewed passport at NASA old passport yung Canadian visa. Wala daw ba talagang problema sa Dubai or Canada immigration yun basta I-attach Lang yung 2 passports? Nag inquire ka ba sa Canadian embassy sa Abu dhabi? Pls reply Jelay. Thanks

Atand