Jun 21, 2015
NOTES: 1
Created Date: 2015/02/12 13:54:36
Created By: RG11765
Updated Date: 2015/02/12 13:54:36
Updated By: RG11765
Type: General
Responsible Office: Vancouver Citizenship
Description: CEN 3 received and reviewed file, transferring to FAU. RG/5831.

NOTES: 2
Created Date: 2015/02/12 13:54:23
Created By: RG11765
Updated Date: 2015/02/12 13:54:23
Updated By: RG11765
Description: CEN 3 received and reviewed file, transferring to FAU. RG/5831.

NOTES: 3
Created Date: 2015/01/16 12:06:36
Created By: JP04106
Updated Date: 2015/01/16 12:06:36
Updated By: JP04106
Description: RQ matched to file. File being sent to CEN3 for review. JP/CIT/5834

NOTES: 4
Created Date: 2015/01/05 18:46:47
Created By: SY04121
Updated Date: 2015/01/05 18:46:47
Updated By: SY04121
Type: RQ received
Responsible Office: Surrey CIC
Description: 18DEC14- RQ rcvd; fwding to JP. SY/5834

=====================================================================
Above are most recent notes in the file. I know CEN means "Citizenship Exceptional Network", then what does "FAU" stand for? And what is "RG"? Please share your idea, thank you.

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I can't really give you particular interpretation. But from my experience CIC is much more lenient towards female applicants than to male counterparts. Therefore whatever happens I am guessing that it will be a very smooth process for your wife. Good luck.

51smoker

Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
13-07-2011
AOR Received.
09-05-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
When did u submitted your ATIP request? I ordered mine on Jun 6, and haven't received it.

Candoes

Star Member
May 26, 2013
How do you submit this ATIP to receive the infos about Citizenship process and approx. how long will it take to receive it?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
"RG" is the initials of the individual taking the referenced action, just like "SY" and "JP"

FAU may be initials as well but I am not certain of this.

Overall, these notes reflect that the RQ response has been received, reviewed, and the file forwarded to the responsible decision-maker. All of which you should have inferred to be the case without having made the ATIP request.

Observations:

Notes such as these will offer very little insight into what is happening or how this is going to go.

You and/or your wife already have most of the information which will indicate where this is headed: you know the facts, what was in the application, and what was submitted in response to RQ. A reasonably objective assessment of that information will inform you far more about what is likely to happen.

The ATIP process is helpful in some instances, and indeed an important action to take in some circumstances, but is usually overly used and a waste of time and resources.

So you know now that the submitted RQ was received and reviewed and the file is in the hands of the responsible decision-maker, as of February . . . that should have been easily inferred without submitting the ATIP request, but for the detail as to when precisely. (So you know that it was mid-February, rather than January or April say, but so what?)

There are ways to submit a more probing ATIP request, but even those are largely without much practical effect except in certain limited circumstances.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FAU likely File Analysis Unit. Why did you get an RQ? Are you short of physical presence days? As per dpenabill hard to infer anything more really. It becomes speculative after e.g what does the transfer from CEN3 to FAU indicate..does it mean the RQ docs you submitted are acceptable? Have CEN3 highlighted areas of concern for FAU to focus on? Best to review your RQ docs and ensure they resolve any concerns that you know for RQ issuance as you have control over this part of the process.

annoying001

Jun 21, 2015
ItkExpert said:
I can't really give you particular interpretation. But from my experience CIC is much more lenient towards female applicants than to male counterparts. Therefore whatever happens I am guessing that it will be a very smooth process for your wife. Good luck.
Thank you! Hope she will receive her oath notice soon:)

annoying001

Jun 21, 2015
Msafiri said:
FAU likely File Analysis Unit. Why did you get an RQ? Are you short of physical presence days? As per dpenabill hard to infer anything more really. It becomes speculative after e.g what does the transfer from CEN3 to FAU indicate..does it mean the RQ docs you submitted are acceptable? Have CEN3 highlighted areas of concern for FAU to focus on? Best to review your RQ docs and ensure they resolve any concerns that you know for RQ issuance as you have control over this part of the process.
I'm also wondering FAU--File Analysis Unit or Final Analysis Unit? I browsed all ATIP related threads and I didn't see anyone has mentioned this, so I asked.

Yes, my wife's case is calculation mistake on physical presence. However, she had some good reasons(her father had been fighting with cancer for 2 years and passed away last year. She returned home for several one month trips when she got my father-in-law's critical condition notices and also she attended his funeral) and her absence was not so severe (we missed a trip of 20 days).

annoying001

Jun 21, 2015
Candoes said:
How do you submit this ATIP to receive the infos about Citizenship process and approx. how long will it take to receive it?
it's not allowed to post link. please google "ATIP" and first one is the way to make your request.

It took me about 40 days i think.

annoying001

Jun 21, 2015
dpenabill said:
"RG" is the initials of the individual taking the referenced action, just like "SY" and "JP"

FAU may be initials as well but I am not certain of this.

Overall, these notes reflect that the RQ response has been received, reviewed, and the file forwarded to the responsible decision-maker. All of which you should have inferred to be the case without having made the ATIP request.

Observations:

Notes such as these will offer very little insight into what is happening or how this is going to go.

You and/or your wife already have most of the information which will indicate where this is headed: you know the facts, what was in the application, and what was submitted in response to RQ. A reasonably objective assessment of that information will inform you far more about what is likely to happen.

The ATIP process is helpful in some instances, and indeed an important action to take in some circumstances, but is usually overly used and a waste of time and resources.

So you know now that the submitted RQ was received and reviewed and the file is in the hands of the responsible decision-maker, as of February . . . that should have been easily inferred without submitting the ATIP request, but for the detail as to when precisely. (So you know that it was mid-February, rather than January or April say, but so what?)

There are ways to submit a more probing ATIP request, but even those are largely without much practical effect except in certain limited circumstances.
Yep...I figured it out that is an initial right after I asked :D how stupid i was...

The reason I made ATIP request was: we returned RQ docs in person to Surrey office but the guy took our docs refused to give us a stamp. I called CIC hotline last month and the agent also refused to disclose anything about the case so that there was no way to know if our RQ docs has been officially received or even got lost. No other choice but ATIP could make a little help.

Repost---why this forum is so unstable? it was down twice while i replying to this thread...

annoying001

Jun 21, 2015
Hopefully it was a good sign that file has been transferred from CEN to FAU, doesn't matter what it is, and no reject letter no further notice since Feburary :)

jeune

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i got my atip 2 weeks ago but I don't understand anything , can any body explain the informations included on Atip? I did my test 21 july /2015 passed it 20/20, got ATIP 24 JULY / 2015. I applied for my citizenship august 9th /2013 Calgary office. and I would like to meet mp or send her a letter?
can any friends here explain and figure it out these points?

Slovan

Jun 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There would be between 10 to 40 pages, depending on the case and the processing stage, what exactly you do not understand? There will be your name, dates, various eligibility criteria and security checks, with their status. All this is easy and there is not much to understand. Do you have triage indicators on the file? Prohibition grounds? Those are a bit trickier, but not everyone has them.