+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got my visa Landing question

bavarian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2009
Hello All

I have got my visa(PR) and am all set for landing at Windsor, Canada. Can any one tell me if I can go to Windsor during weekends since I work during week days.

Also can any one tell me what is the landing procedure and what documents I need to carry with me.

I would really appreciate a response

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
You should be feel to go anywhere in Canada once you have your PR visa. Windsor is in Southern Ontario Canada and so yes, you can go there whenever you wish.

Hope someone else has info on the landing procedure, but once you are landed you are not required to carry any special ID when traveling through out the country but I suggest photocopies of anything you consider of value (ID, who to contact in an emergency that no one every wants to happen). if it make you feel more secure, carry a photo copy of your visa but, if you lose it report it immediately to immigration in case anyone does anything untoward in your name!

Welcome to Canada :)

PankajK

Mar 22, 2009
Vancouver, BC CANADA
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
July 2009
AOR Received.
November 2010
Med's Done....
June 2012
Passport Req..
September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
November 2012 Vancouver, BC
Congratulations

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Hello ,

Congrat and do all the eedful,cross ur i's and dot ur t's.

Ig.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
bavarian said:
Do I need to appear for a interview after landing? What questions are asked at landing?Please advise.
Dear,

Firstly, Many many Good Wishes on your success !!!

No, actually there won't be any 'interview' upon landing. U'll be asked some basic questions by the CBSA/IO, all regarding your 'landing', 'PR Card', 'PofA' & 'place/duration of stay' etc. only. All simple & generic. U may need the following:

1. Passport with Visa. -off course.
2. COPR
3. PofA. -for cases 'without' AEO & family class. (Cash, B/Draft, TCs, latest Bank Statement, Wire Tfr Record)
4. Passport size photos. -qty 2-3 each, for PR Card. (it may not be needed, but good to carry)
5. PR Card Application (IMM 5444E). -this u can do it there, Or carry it before hand (filled) for ease.
6. Goods to follow List (Form B4E). -this u can do it there, Or carry it before hand (filled) for ease.
7. SIN Card Application (Form NAS 2120). -NOT NEEDED at the a/port. But needed later.
8. Kids Immunization Record. -NOT NEEDED at the a/port. But needed later for School Admission.
9. If u r driving, remember to take ur veh docs. If u r keeping the veh at Canada, 'export' it from US first (carry the docs) and perform 'import' documentations, as well in Canada.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: shagdash

bavarian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2009
Thank you every one for your valuable advise.
Can I land on weekends since I will be busy at work on weekdays.

Alhamra

Jul 18, 2009
Hello friends............

we got our PR Visa on 26th nov. 2009 & hope to land canada on early 2010.
my landing destination mentioned in application was TORONTO/ONTARIO.

But recently our relatives who lived in Toronto has move to Montreal (Qub.)
right now i am very much tense what we should do?

seniors plz advice me, is there any problem if i directly land in Montreal?????
OR what procedure i can follow?

i would very very grateful for any prescription.

Regards
ALHAMRA

nilsej

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
Dear Alhamra,

Landing destination in is just for Info or ur interest purpose and it does not mean in anyway that u have to land in the particular city only, You can always land where ever u want except Quebec.

dony h

Nov 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To become a landed immigrant from outside Canada one has to legally entered Canada if granted a permanent resident visa. However, if a person was already living in Canada (for example, under a temporary work permit) he must still officially land and achieve the landed immigrant status, but since late 2008 he may now land at the Citizenship and Immigration office anywhere in Canada. Therefore, you don't have to go Buffalo hunting as suggested by most.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
However, landing at an office in the country is more complicated, and the waiting time will most likely be several months. In almost all cases, landing at the border is quicker, more efficient, and does not waste CIC resources and staff that are already stretched thin.

dony h said:
To become a landed immigrant from outside Canada one has to legally entered Canada if granted a permanent resident visa. However, if a person was already living in Canada (for example, under a temporary work permit) he must still officially land and achieve the landed immigrant status, but since late 2008 he may now land at the Citizenship and Immigration office anywhere in Canada. Therefore, you don't have to go Buffalo hunting as suggested by most.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can also land in Quebec if you can prove that you will travel on and not try to settle in Quebec, for example by connecting tickets going somewhere else.

nilsej said:
Dear Alhamra,

Landing destination in is just for Info or ur interest purpose and it does not mean in anyway that u have to land in the particular city only, You can always land where ever u want except Quebec.