+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got my oath letter for May 26-2015

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

I write this message with immense pleasure and delight. I got my oath letter today in mail and was utterly surprised. I saw the pink color and had two thoughts is it oath or CIC asking for more documents. Luckily it is just the oath letter for 26-May-2015. Even in this CIC has made me suffer a little. I had plans to go to US from May 27 to June 1st and now will have to cancel the trip. I thought I will be able to enjoy a trip with my dad and bro but CIC thinks otherwise.

Anyone know if I can get a same day passport? The tickets are non refundable.

I guess you cant have it all in this word. I will take this any day than to wait another 20 months. I'm not taking any chances with CIC in reschedule or postponement.

Last but not least I like to thank everyone in this forum for helping me in time of need. If not for this forum I will have not completed this journey this soon. I also wish everyone to have their application processed in faster timelines.

By the way this is not a goodbye. I'm applying for my wife on May 14-2015. I will be in this forum asking help and providing one whenever I can.

Thanks to Bambino who gave info on CEN (Montreal) and his CIC director friend is absolutely correct with 2 to 4 weeks turn around in processing.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
chikloo said:
Hi Guys,

I write this message with immense pleasure and delight. I got my oath letter today in mail and was utterly surprised. I saw the pink color and had two thoughts is it oath or CIC asking for more documents. Luckily it is just the oath letter for 26-May-2015. Even in this CIC has made me suffer a little. I had plans to go to US from May 27 to June 1st and now will have to cancel the trip. I thought I will be able to enjoy a trip with my dad and bro but CIC thinks otherwise.

I guess you cant have it all in this word. I will take this any day than to wait another 20 months. I'm not taking any chances with CIC in reschedule or postponement.

Last but not least I like to thank everyone in this forum for helping me in time of need. If not for this forum I will have not completed this journey this soon. I also wish everyone to have their application processed in faster timelines.

By the way this is not a goodbye. I'm applying for my wife on May 14-2015. I will be in this forum asking help and providing one whenever I can.

Thanks to Bambino who gave info on CEN (Montreal) and his CIC director friend is absolutely correct with 2 to 4 weeks turn around in processing.
Congratulations!!

DAN11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
chikloo said:
Hi Guys,

I guess you cant have it all in this word. I will take this any day than to wait another 20 months. I'm not taking any chances with CIC in reschedule or postponement. So you book flight without using passport details?

You will not be able to apply for your Canadian passport until after 3 business days after your Oath date. Why not use your original country's passport, unless there are issues with that.

eltorpe

Star Member
Jan 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DAN11 said:
You will not be able to apply for your Canadian passport until after 3 business days after your Oath date.
Actually, it depends.

You probably won't be able to apply on the day of your ceremony but you MAY be able to apply on the next day. Officially, CIC does say you should allow 2 business days for your information to be entered into their systems. I took the oath on May 7th and was able to apply just before noon on May 8th.

Oh, and congratulations!

zhading

Oct 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DAN11 said:
You will not be able to apply for your Canadian passport until after 3 business days after your Oath date. Why not use your original country's passport, unless there are issues with that.
I guess the issue will be not original passport but returning to Canada without Canadian passport or PR card.

@ chikloo Try to re-schedule your flight, I guess even with non-refundable tickets you can still change the date of the trip. There will be a fee of course. But possibly less than original price of the tickets. But I definitely agree, tickets are not worth skipping ceremony :D. And of course, congrats!

reynettevos

Star Member
Aug 15, 2010
chikloo said:
Hi Guys,

Oh, one can sure here the absolute delight in your post and we all are very happy for you. ;D ;D ;D

DAN11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
zhading said:
I guess the issue will be not original passport but returning to Canada without Canadian passport or PR card.

@ chikloo Try to re-schedule your flight, I guess even with non-refundable tickets you can still change the date of the trip. There will be a fee of course. But possibly less than original price of the tickets. But I definitely agree, tickets are not worth skipping ceremony :D. And of course, congrats!
Oh yes, thats correct, i forget that they take back the PR Card on oath day.

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations Chikloo..............

chikloo said:
Hi Guys,

janoo

May 16, 2014
Congratulation well deserve now enjoy take your time and change your flight and get
passport and than move on.... do remember us , am waiting for last 41 months
file waiting for RCMP clearance.

rebden40

May 7, 2015
chikloo said:
Hi Guys,

Hi,

As per knowledge on this question. You can apply passport a day after oath taking...... and am positive!

Anyways, we pass our Citizenship exam last April 8, 2015 waiting for letter of Oath Taking as per CIC officer instruction.
How long did you get your letter from the date of your Cit. Test?

Nov 06- 2014

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Very big congratulations Chikloo.. You are giving us hope...
Never and ever and ever take any risk with CIC... Go for the oath as scheduled....
So glad for you buddy....

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks guys. I will not be cancelling my oath ceremony. I have waited 14 months for it and if I reschedule no way to know when they will resend it. I may have to cancel another trip at time. better now than later.

As far as the trip I'm going to search my options to see if I can travel and re-enter without issues. No PR card and I have just my origin country passport. I will not be taking risks. I will send an email to CBSA and ask what documents they need if I have to enter without passport.

If anyone has done it please let me know.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
chikloo said:
Thanks guys. I will not be cancelling my oath ceremony. I have waited 14 months for it and if I reschedule no way to know when they will resend it. I may have to cancel another trip at time. better now than later.

As far as the trip I'm going to search my options to see if I can travel and re-enter without issues. No PR card and I have just my origin country passport. I will not be taking risks. I will send an email to CBSA and ask what documents they need if I have to enter without passport.

If anyone has done it please let me know.
I think if you re-enter by land you can show your landing document and old passport associated with that landing paper and if that passport is expired, then also carry new passport along with old expired passport, however, contact CBSA first to confirm be on safe side.

It's better to postpone your trip and go abroad once you get the canadian passport.

ironmat500

Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chikloo said:
Hi Guys,

Hi Chikloo,

Congrats! I was following your posts since your profile was almost similar to mine with few months difference. One thing I surprised was that your RQ was recently sent to Montreal. May be 4-6 weeks ago. So, in transit time to & from Montreal should also be considered. I a trying to convince myself that your Oath was scheduled AT Scarborough office FROM Montreal!

Please let me know if you share the same understating.

thanks,