+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

got my landed papers Last march 2014 but no PR card yet until now

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys. I am a live in caregiver when I applied for my PR. I got my landed papers last March 20 2014. The officer said it will take 6 to 8 weeks to get the card but unfortunately its been more than 8 weeks. Just wondering how come its to long to get it. My friends get theirs for just 7 weeks. Is there anyone here waiting for their PR card got landed the same month as mine? Thank

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should it soon, any day within this month. Mean while you can enquire the status with the CICC all Center also.

Risk taker

Jun 10, 2014
We are on the same boat. I got my landed on April 8 and I was told 6-8 processing but didn't receive it yet till now...and I'm leaving the country on June 21. I don't know what to do??? Help me please!!!

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Risk taker said:
We are on the same boat. I got my landed on April 8 and I was told 6-8 processing but didn't receive it yet till now...and I'm leaving the country on June 21. I don't know what to do??? Help me please!!!
If you don't have your card by the time you leave you have two options. Don't go on the trip or apply for a PRTD from your destination embassy.

Risk taker

Jun 10, 2014
Alurra71 said:
If you don't have your card by the time you leave you have two options. Don't go on the trip or apply for a PRTD from your destination embassy.
Thanks so much Allura. I can't cancel the trip. If I apply for a PRTD, could I be refused coz I have only 2 months since I become a PR? I looked over the form for TD and found there are questions on the days I remain in Canada. Would the H&C works for me? Thank u for all your effort in helping people like me.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Risk taker said:
Thanks so much Allura. I can't cancel the trip. If I apply for a PRTD, could I be refused coz I have only 2 months since I become a PR? I looked over the form for TD and found there are questions on the days I remain in Canada. Would the H&C works for me? Thank u for all your effort in helping people like me.
You will not be refused a PRTD, as you still have more than enough time to meet the Residency Obligation. H&C does not apply at all.

Risk taker

Jun 10, 2014
canuck_in_uk said:
You will not be refused a PRTD, as you still have more than enough time to meet the Residency Obligation. H&C does not apply at all.

Thank you so much canuck_in_uk. That's a big relief for me. I will apply for a PRTD once I arrived at my destination. I will let you know whatever the outcome. Thanks again everyone!!! Keep it up and God bless u all.