Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
mansari said:
alaas.

finally me and my spouse have received the BOWP.

BOWP receicved 29th aug
old permit expired 30th aug
Aor received 11th oct
BOWP received 28th oct.... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
That took a else - was it paper application?
Congrats!

mansari

Star Member
Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2013
Doc's Request.
PCC sent with application
AOR Received.
08-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
12-08-2013
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Yes.. It was a paper application...

rgk

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ccp o
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2013
Doc's Request.
15 april 2014, RCMP spouse
AOR Received.
18 November 2013
Med's Request
15 april 2014
LANDED..........
May 22 2014
Wanna ask, if my WP expired sept 30, 2014 and I will 3 years after my WP end, do I need to apply BOWP or extend my WP. Which one more easy, or no need to apply, I submit my CEC application and expect AOR by end this month, thank.
Do I need LMO to apply all those category? Is ok if I Apply around may or June?
Thanks all

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
rgk said:
Wanna ask, if my WP expired sept 30, 2014 and I will 3 years after my WP end, do I need to apply BOWP or extend my WP. Which one more easy, or no need to apply, I submit my CEC application and expect AOR by end this month, thank.
Do I need LMO to apply all those category? Is ok if I Apply around may or June?
Thanks all
If your WP expires in Sept 2014 you don't qualify for BOWP yet.
Please refer to the OB485-A for all requirements.

>> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob485A.asp

rgk

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ccp o
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2013
Doc's Request.
15 april 2014, RCMP spouse
AOR Received.
18 November 2013
Med's Request
15 april 2014
LANDED..........
May 22 2014
iam_toby said:
If your WP expires in Sept 2014 you don't qualify for BOWP yet.
Please refer to the OB485-A for all requirements.

>> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob485A.asp
Thx so much Iam_Toby.
I just make sure before late. And collecting all information.

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
I got my BOWP.

Timeline:

BOWP application received 13 September (paper application)
Old permit expired 17 September
AOR issued 7 October
BOWP issue date 7 November

In hindsight, I could have applied online, because it turned out that the AOR was issued before they started processing online applications from that date, but it was better to be safe. 8)

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
LPS said:
I got my BOWP.

Timeline:

AOR issued 7 October

In hindsight, I could have applied online, because it turned out that the AOR was issued before they started processing online applications from that date, but it was better to be safe. 8)

Congrats!! Well played. Glad you got the BOWP approved.

zoran

Sep 22, 2013
LPS said:
I got my BOWP.

Timeline:

AOR issued 7 October

Congratulations.

Do you think it is still possible to do the similar thing or they are more strict now on BOWP?
My current work permit will expire on December 15th, and I applied for PR on November 18th, so I'm expecting to receive AOR around December 28th. On the other side, I got a job offer from new employer and he just send application for LMO in Alberta and it will probably take at least 8 weeks to get it. I'm thinking about sending paper application for BOWP without AOR with cover letter explaining situation, and also confirmation that LMO is in process just in case I don't receive AOR to have some backup.

Do you think it's wise or you have some other suggestion?
Zoran

horvathc

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Canada, Alberta, Fort McMurray
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
AOR Received.
21-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
16-04-2014
Passport Req..
None - Visa exempt country
LANDED..........
23-08-2014
LPS said:
I got my BOWP.
Congrats! Thanks for sharing this info with us! ;)

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
zoran said:
Congratulations.

Do you think it is still possible to do the similar thing or they are more strict now on BOWP?
My current work permit will expire on December 15th, and I applied for PR on November 18th, so I'm expecting to receive AOR around December 28th. On the other side, I got a job offer from new employer and he just send application for LMO in Alberta and it will probably take at least 8 weeks to get it. I'm thinking about sending paper application for BOWP without AOR with cover letter explaining situation, and also confirmation that LMO is in process just in case I don't receive AOR to have some backup.

Do you think it's wise or you have some other suggestion?
Zoran
Hi

Firstly, you (and all here) should be reminded that applying for BOWP without an AOR is not guaranteed to work. There is still a grey area in the instructions about whether the AOR has to come before you apply for a BOWP, or just before they start processing your BOWP (as in my case).

If you apply for BOWP by post, your AOR will come much sooner than they start processing your application (based on current estimates of 60+ days for work permits).

Obviously I did not attach an AOR, but I did not request any particular leniency in my covering letter either. I just stated that I was applying for the bridging permit, and asked that they verify a "positive eligibility assessment" as defined by OB485 for my Canadian Experience Class application.

In your situation I'm inclined to say - send a paper application for BOWP as soon as you can. Don't refer to your LMO application in the letter, as having an LMO is one of the things that would make you ineligible for a BOWP.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

zoran

Sep 22, 2013
Hi,

Thank you for your recommendation.

LPS said:
In your situation I'm inclined to say - send a paper application for BOWP as soon as you can. Don't refer to your LMO application in the letter, as having an LMO is one of the things that would make you ineligible for a BOWP.
What is the latest data I have to sent paper application for BOWP? Should it be received at CIC before my expiration date or I could sent it on the data of expiration? I don't have urgency to receive it as soon as possible, as I can work under implied status with my old employer. However, I want to be safe, so I prefer if I send it later.

What's happening if my application got rejected? Do I have to leave Canada immediately or I can wait 90 days from the rejection date and restore my status if I receive LMO in the meantime or find another job?

pigy888

Dec 5, 2013
Hi everyone,

I'm so worried right now. Please help me to analyze my situation to see if I'm eligible.
Also, if I can still stay in Canada after my PGWP expires, and my TRV is expired too.

My PGWP will expires on Dec 8th.
I'm planning to mail the CEC PR application documents on Dec 6th.
At the same time apply the BOWP online on Dec 6th.

I've been working for my current employer since Feb 15, 2013 (so about 10 months) 40 hours per week under NOC 1112.
Previously, worked part time basis for total 128 hours under NOC 1222.

And the total hours is 1744.

My CELPIP results are as follows
Reading: 5H
Writing: 4H
Listening: 5H
Speaking: 4H

Can I still work for my current employer since contract is until 2014 2. 15, after my WP expires?

cupidsbutler

Dec 7, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 21, 2014
AOR Received.
February 25, 2014
Med's Request
August 11, 2014
Med's Done....
August 15, 2014
Hello All,

First off, the resources on this forum has definitely helped eased some nerves and provided some level of comfort. So, thank you to all who have posted and contributed their comments and information. :D

I'm stuck in with a similar predicament and seek some insight.

My Open Work Permit (OPW) expires March 7, 2014 and currently have a language test scheduled for Jan 4, 2014. Based on test result dates, I'm expecting to receive my scores mid-late January and file my PR by Jan 20, 2014. Based on current estimated timelines (45-60 days), my AOR would be in the system latest by March 20, 2013.

Should I apply online by February 17, 2014 or send in a paper application around the same time? I am aware that a paper application takes longer to process (55 days). Or, the other (potentially silly) option would be to fly out to Yellowknife for the closest language test (next week) and send in my PR application by Jan 3, 2014 ensuring my AOR is in the system by March 3, 2014. In this case, I would apply online 2 weeks prior to my OPW expiry.

I understand that submitting a cover letter along with the BOWP is not guaranteed but any thoughts/insights are appreciated.

zoran

Sep 22, 2013
cupidsbutler said:
My Open Work Permit (OPW) expires March 7, 2014 and currently have a language test scheduled for Jan 4, 2014. Based on test result dates, I'm expecting to receive my scores mid-late January and file my PR by Jan 20, 2014. Based on current estimated timelines (45-60 days), my AOR would be in the system latest by March 20, 2013.
Processing time for AOR is much faster now. It's bellow 40 days, and many guys received it for 35 days. According to that, your timeline is good.
cupidsbutler said:
Should I apply online by February 17, 2014 or send in a paper application around the same time? I am aware that a paper application takes longer to process (55 days). Or, the other (potentially silly) option would be to fly out to Yellowknife for the closest language test (next week) and send in my PR application by Jan 3, 2014 ensuring my AOR is in the system by March 3, 2014. In this case, I would apply online 2 weeks prior to my OPW expiry.

I understand that submitting a cover letter along with the BOWP is not guaranteed but any thoughts/insights are appreciated.
You can apply online just before your current WP expire, e.g. on March 7, and be on implied status until you receive decision. The other option is to mail application a week or two before your WP expires. It's important that they receive it before your application expires. This way you will buy more time and be sure you will have AOR before they start processing your application. The other option is what I just did and I hope it will work. I'm expecting my AOR around December 24.