+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got master degree, still need to validate and use bachelor degree for application?

Bill922

Nov 26, 2018
Yes you have to include everything in personal history. That's a different story.
In education history section, only include education for which you are claiming points and have ECA for it.
Great. Thank you very much.
I hope you don't mind me asking a few more questions.

I am still in the process of applying for police certificate. So I cannot proceed forward to know what other documents I need to prepare.
I saw some notes which mentioned about notarized birth certificate, single status certificate, etc.

But CIC official website does not mention these, see link below.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents.html

So any suggestions? Thanks.

niti0105

Jan 4, 2019
Hold on...

Why do you include bachelor degree in education history section if you don't have a ECA for it? It's useless and counter productive. It may result in having your application go in additional review for missing ECA.
If you don't have ECA, you will answer "No" the question "Did you have a Education Credential Assessment done for this degree" anyways, and will just render the education entry moot!...

If you have only Masters evaluated, remove Bachelor degree from education history section. It's useless to have it there. You get points for Masters degree only anyway, in which case no need to have Bachelor evaluated, as it will go in Persona History section. Not Education section.

You receive points and the resulting ITA based on your highest degree, or if you have two or more diplomas, and only the ones entered in history section, and for which you have ECA (i.e Canadian Equivalency).

Hi,

I have a masters degree while my husband has bachelors degree as highest education qualification. I am getting ECA only for my masters degree. Neither my bachelor’s nor my husbands. So should i fill in the bachelors details (both for me and my husband) in express entry profile??

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi,

I have a masters degree while my husband has bachelors degree as highest education qualification. I am getting ECA only for my masters degree. Neither my bachelor’s nor my husbands. So should i fill in the bachelors details (both for me and my husband) in express entry profile??
If you have Indian Education, you will have to submit Bachelors for ECA as well (exceptions are only for M.Tech).

raviyadav11

Nov 15, 2018
Melbourne
NOC Code......
Hi,

Submit both. I learned it hard way. I only sent my masters and then they requested Bachelor's. Delayed the whole process. Save time send all.

raviyadav11

Nov 15, 2018
Melbourne
NOC Code......
I have masters from US. Bachelors from india. In that case also is it necessary to send both?
Yes send them both, I had masters from Australia and Bachelor's from India. I only wanted to evaluate my Masters and only sent it but they requested my bachelor's as well and it delayed the whole process. If i would have known this i would have saved 1 month.

niti0105

Jan 4, 2019
Yes send them both, I had masters from Australia and Bachelor's from India. I only wanted to evaluate my Masters and only sent it but they requested my bachelor's as well and it delayed the whole process. If i would have known this i would have saved 1 month.

I will receive my ECA for masters next week. So lets see what can be done. Just a quick question. When did they ask you for your bachelors ECA.?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
If you have Indian Education, you will have to submit Bachelors for ECA as well (exceptions are only for M.Tech).
Submit both. I learned it hard way. I only sent my masters and then they requested Bachelor's. Delayed the whole process. Save time send all.
I believe she was talking about education details entered in EE profile. Not the WES ECA requirement itself.
Hi,

I'm guessing you're the principal applicant.
If you're getting ECA for just your masters degree, then only include that in education section in express entry profile, as that's what you're claiming points for as highest degree. If you're not getting ECA for both your bachelors, then don't include them in education section for either of you. But do include all your education activity in personal history section.

However, do note that, like others have suggested, WES will ask you for your Bachelor degree documents in addition to your masters degree documents (as it was obtained in India), in order to proceed with masters degree assessment. They indeed have different requirements for some countries. That being said, you might want to consider requesting your Bachelors to be assessed as well, as you'll be sending them your bachelors documents anyways... It won't get you more points, but it's just in case.

Also note that you're missing out on 10 CRS points without spouse foreign education. So if you're tight on points, that's a way to go.

niti0105

Jan 4, 2019
I believe she was talking about education details entered in EE profile. Not the WES ECA requirement itself.

I'm guessing you're the principal applicant.
If you're getting ECA for just your masters degree, then only include that in education section in express entry profile, as that's what you're claiming points for as highest degree. If you're not getting ECA for both your bachelors, then don't include them in education section for either of you. But do include all your education activity in personal history section.

However, do note that, like others have suggested, WES will ask you for your Bachelor degree documents in addition to your masters degree documents (as it was obtained in India), in order to proceed with masters degree assessment. They indeed have different requirements for some countries. That being said, you might want to consider requesting your Bachelors to be assessed as well, as you'll be sending them your bachelors documents anyways... It won't get you more points, but it's just in case.

Also note that you're missing out on 10 CRS points without spouse foreign education. So if you're tight on points, that's a way to go.
Thanks for your detailed reply. I am the principle applicant. I should receive my ECA in the next week. And if my CRS points are tight, i will get my husbands evaluation done too. But if i dont get it done then should it be added in express entry profile or not?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Thanks for your detailed reply. I am the principle applicant. I should receive my ECA in the next week. And if my CRS points are tight, i will get my husbands evaluation done too. But if i dont get it done then should it be added in express entry profile or not?
Like I said, if you don't have ECA for it, don't include it in education history. Put it in personal history.
This personal history section will appear after you receive ITA.

colbymartin

Mar 9, 2019
Post-ITA: yes, required to fill.
It is a catch 22 situation-it is recommended that you get Bachelor evaluated as well, in case of any discrepancies but it is rare.
On the other hand, most cases like yours proceeded smoothly post-ITA.

---------------------------------------------

cream relieves knee paincaused by inflammation, and the non-greasy formula does not stain. It is odorless once applied, and since the main ingredients in this cream for knee pain are natural, the risk of side effects is minimal.