+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got credit card refund from CIC - nothing more!! nothing less!

itsme3

Jan 24, 2015
Hi guys,

It may sound weird, will try to list what happened in short, and I really need your advice afterwards

I've applied for skilled/professional migration to Canada last July 2014 through local private office in the UAE/Dubai.

Total number of applicants are 2, my wife and me (I'm the main applicant).

I've all my degrees attested, translated, have my bachelor degree report from world education services, all ok.

Sent out by the office for execution around 10th of July and received by them like few days later (as I was tracking the mail shipment online)

I've added my credit card information to the application.

Then waited....

Nothing at all since July till November 23rd, 2014.

After that, on November, 24th, 2014 I just received SMS from my bank says that $1100 CAD were deducted from your credit card by CIC Canada immigration department... Infomred the local private office, they said everything is going well, and CIC should send me a file number along with more information to my email address listed in the application...

again nothing, not in inbox, not in spam folder.. nothing at all.....

Local private office here advised me to send an inquiry message to CIC inquiring about the case status... I did, nothing was received other than the automatic reply that they will reply back in 35 working days...etc.

Now, few days aback, around 15th of January, 2015, I received a notification email from what seems CIC payment provider says that amount of 1100 CAD was refunded to my credit card!! from "noreply" email address, that nothing I can about it

Sent again to CIC about inqurying for case status... nothing received other that the automated reply...

I'm really lost, even the local consultation/private office are confused.... I don't know what is going on, or what to do, I've no file number, no information, nothing... I just had my credit card charged the fees of 1100 without any other information, and later on, refunded... without any idea about what is going on!!!

Anybody had such scenario? anybody can advise what to do next?

Please help
Appreciated your concerns

vk2410

Star Member
Nov 30, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2014
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
Whats ur NOC ?

solomonwise

Jun 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itsme3 said:
Hi guys,

It may sound weird, will try to list what happened in short, and I really need your advice afterwards

I've applied for skilled/professional migration to Canada last July 2014 through local private office in the UAE/Dubai.

I've all my degrees attested, translated, have my bachelor degree report from world education services, all ok.

Sent out by the office for execution around 10th of July and received by them like few days later (as I was tracking the mail shipment online)

Then waited....

After that, on November, 24th, 2014 I just received SMS from my bank says that $1100 CAD were deducted from your credit card by CIC Canada immigration department... Infomred the local private office, they said everything is going well, and CIC should send me a file number along with more information to my email address listed in the application...

Local private office here advised me to send an inquiry message to CIC inquiring about the case status... I did, nothing was received other than the automatic reply that they will reply back in 35 working days...etc.

Now, few days aback, around 15th of January, 2015, I received a notification email from what seems CIC payment provider says that amount of 1100 CAD was refunded to my credit card!! from "noreply" email address, that nothing I can about it

Sent again to CIC about inqurying for case status... nothing received other that the automated reply...

I'm really lost, even the local consultation/private office are confused.... I don't know what is going on, or what to do, I've no file number, no information, nothing... I just had my credit card charged the fees of 1100 without any other information, and later on, refunded... without any idea about what is going on!!!

Please help
There can be 2 sides to the above:

1. Either your card was debited in error as your application did not meet stipulated guidelines.

2. The refund might be an error as it wasn't meant to be returned,assuming your application received a favourable initial processing (Complete application )at the CIC.

You have to send a mail to the centralized intake office in sydney asking for clarification

new_migration

Aug 23, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO----WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
12-Feb-2015
Med's Request
9-May-2015( On hold due to Wife Pregnancy)
Med's Done....
10-Aug-2015 and Uploaded on 11-Aug-2015
Passport Req..
30-Nov-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-Dec-2015
itsme3 said:
Hi guys,

Then waited....

Please help
Very strange and surprised to see a case like this. Think NOC capped could be the problem.

itsme3

Jan 24, 2015
Thank you guys for the reply and the support.

My NOC is matching what they request, as per the local private office here in Dubai, we've no problem for that, I've quiet long experience and lots of supporting professional degrees, along with WES evaluation... I don't think this is the case.

I would rather like to ask them for clarification, problem is the local private office are very lazy, they change the case manager like each month after they received their consultation fees (I decided to do it via them because I really didn't have time to follow up, and it was a mistake, they did nothing other than tell me what to do which is obviously the same what I read... they only followed me up to pay their payments and then to make me complete the documents during the last year 2014, and that was fine...but!?)

So now what and where to send and how? the intake office thing you said about, if it is the same as the one I'm asking regarding the case status then they will get the automated email what I received earlier without any other extra clarification... I'm using the same email of the application and obviously I'm checking my email daily and also looking into spam folder.. can't understand a thing and totally confused

Appreciated any other info that can direct me to reasonable answers

Best,

S4F

Star Member
Jun 5, 2013
Central Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada has a pathetic email response time. but they WILL reply. It would probably take them around 2 months, give or take. There is nothing you or your consultant can do except wait for their reply. In your email explain the situation to them (credit card charged and then refunded). They will tell you whether your file has been transferred to a visa office or not. If it has, then your application is in process. OR they will just say your application has been turned down. You will get all your documents back with a letter mentioning the reason for refusal, like something was missing, or you missed the cap etc, by snail mail - which sometimes takes up to 2-3 months to reach you ... And don't be surprised. CIC has terrible customer service.

managersonline

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2014
itsme3 said:
Thank you guys for the reply and the support.

My NOC is matching what they request, as per the local private office here in Dubai, we've no problem for that, I've quiet long experience and lots of supporting professional degrees, along with WES evaluation... I don't think this is the case.

I would rather like to ask them for clarification, problem is the local private office are very lazy, they change the case manager like each month after they received their consultation fees (I decided to do it via them because I really didn't have time to follow up, and it was a mistake, they did nothing other than tell me what to do which is obviously the same what I read... they only followed me up to pay their payments and then to make me complete the documents during the last year 2014, and that was fine...but!?)

So now what and where to send and how? the intake office thing you said about, if it is the same as the one I'm asking regarding the case status then they will get the automated email what I received earlier without any other extra clarification... I'm using the same email of the application and obviously I'm checking my email daily and also looking into spam folder.. can't understand a thing and totally confused

Appreciated any other info that can direct me to reasonable answers

Best,
I have seen several cheating cases of the consultants here in Qatar as well. I shall put my opinion in another direction which is foul play by consultant. Because some of the consultant intentionally did foul play with applicant. They want to double charge the applicant. I think after few days your consultant will ask you to pay a bit of more fees in order to apply for your for Express Entry. May be your consultant has himself requested the CIO to withdraw your application. Because you have already authorized in the Consultant authorization form of CIC, your consultant to do correspondence on your behalf. So he might have requested CIO to withdraw your application. And after few days he will ask you to pay more to apply on your behalf for Express Entry. A Very reputed consultancy firm here in Qatar misguided one of my friend and all of his time for FSWP2014 got elapsed and he has already paid for FSWP2014 full amount. Now consultant is telling him to pay 50% more fee to apply for him for express entry.

Therefore you should call CIO call centre and try to get your UCI and also describe them your story.

Regards,George,
Doha,Qatar

itsme3

Jan 24, 2015
Thank you guys, thanks George for your feedback and concerns, I guess you are right, but I don't think they will do the withdrawal otherwise, in the refusal letter, if mentioned, they will have big trouble.

Okay, it is correct I've reached this site after having difficult time with the local office/consultations here, but I also went to them first time because I really don't have time to follow up stuff, as I mentioned before, it was a mistake, it is not very complicated afterall, and I did'n't know that, I thought they will take over the follow up and save me time... so I didn't pay attention to NOC details and I don't know about the express entry thing...

Now,

1- What is the express entry thing? and is it different than the skilled worker programme? how? can I apply there too? what is the advantage/disadvantage to do so?

2- Local consultant office added their regular mailbox to the application that was sent, we don't have personal mailboxes here in Dubai, do you think this is good or bad!? if CIC will send back to their local mailbox (snail mail as s4F mentioned) then I will need additional month after receiving it to know about it, please advise regarding this!?

3- Other than sending from my email address which is in the application, to this email address (cio-sydney-search-enquiry @ cic.gc.ca)

Subject: FirstName LastName || DOB:mm/dd/yyyy
Dear Sir / Madam,

Please update us with the status of above noted application.

Kind Regards,

FirstName LastName
What else I can do? is it the same what you guys advised to send them by email? this email address? should I now just wait for 3 months or so for a reply?

4- I've my IELTS results in November 2013 do you think I still have a chance to chase my current application or change the direction using current IELTS? or I should prepare for a new one again!?

Appreciated your valuable comments and advices

Royal Dee

Star Member
May 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-10-2014
File Transfer...
08-10-2014
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
23-02-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
20-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2015
Hi Solomonwise, can you please provide the email address to send the enquiry to? Thanks.
solomonwise said:
There can be 2 sides to the above:

1. Either your card was debited in error as your application did not meet stipulated guidelines.

2. The refund might be an error as it wasn't meant to be returned,assuming your application received a favourable initial processing (Complete application )at the CIC.

You have to send a mail to the centralized intake office in sydney asking for clarification

itsme3

Jan 24, 2015
hi
i still don't understand anything
so far got nothing
no information, no shipment back
i'm feeling lost
please help

viveksharma

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC sent with Medicals
Nomination.....
01-10-2014
AOR Received.
Not Received
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Guess mid Jun-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2014
Med's Done....
24-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
itsme3 said:
hi
i still don't understand anything
so far got nothing
no information, no shipment back
i'm feeling lost
please help
per my understanding the Visa Officer (VO) checks whether you ahve scored the minimum 67 points of not. If Yes, then the fee is deducted ($1100 CAD in your case). However, in next step another VO would check the contents of your documents. For example whether the job duties match your NOC or not, time line provided by you is in sync with other info or not, is there any hint of misrepresentation ( for example they verify linked in account) and there may be many other checks about which I am not aware of.

Now unfortunately, if the second VO finds any issue and the issue is serious to such an extent that your application needs to be rejected then your deducted fee is refunded.

That's what I think, more or less, the process is.

However, another forum member may have a better comment to make.

itsme3

Jan 24, 2015
thank you too dear, that is useful information
no there is no mispresenting in any info
in face, everything was organized well, and as i explained the office here in this country have taken the part of arrangement, not me personally, so they will not really send it unless they are 100% all is ok

however, what really makes me nurvous, that i sent them 2 times to that email I mentioned above, and so far is about 7 months but no reply from them, nothing, at all, other than charging the amount from credit card then refund it back!

even the package we sent them (the physical papers) that has some originals, also dont know where is it, did they send it back!? when it will arrive 2022? God, so furstrating, my IELTS will expire this year July, hope to be able to rectify the problem and re-send the documents before expires :(

viveksharma

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC sent with Medicals
Nomination.....
01-10-2014
AOR Received.
Not Received
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Guess mid Jun-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2014
Med's Done....
24-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
itsme3 said:
even the package we sent them (the physical papers) that has some originals, also dont know where is it, did they send it back!? when it will arrive 2022?
Bro, I know it is highly frustrating but that's how the process is. In FSW-2013, when my application was not processed due to CAP, CIC informed me through mail ( reply to a query I sent) that that my application package was sent back in Sep-2013 and I never received that package!! Many enquiries at the local post office yielded nothing. Not sure whether the problem was with the Canada post or India Post.

I really wish that if it's indeed rejection due to a particular document missing from your application or any other reason, you soon receive your package.

itsme3

Jan 24, 2015
viveksharma said:
Bro, I know it is highly frustrating but that's how the process is. In FSW-2013, when my application was not processed due to CAP, CIC informed me through mail ( reply to a query I sent) that that my application package was sent back in Sep-2013 and I never received that package!! Many enquiries at the local post office yielded nothing. Not sure whether the problem was with the Canada post or India Post.

I really wish that if it's indeed rejection due to a particular document missing from your application or any other reason, you soon receive your package.
thanks for the wishes dude, appreciated

can you advise if I go ahead and send them new email again?

can you advise if I have to write the whole story or just ask simply? please keep in mind that i tried that 2 times without any response...

also want to know which email address I should send to?

now, do you advise me to start express entry application without waiting for the package to come back?

in this case, what about IELTS? should i re-do it??? :(

please advise

thanks also solomonwise, is that question or questions with "s"? from your point of view, as I've asked viveksharma above, what to include in that email in order to know at least that they may response!?

thanks all for your help :)