+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GOT CONDITIONAL ADMISSION FROM CARLETON AND QUEEN'S UNIVERSITY.

sameerverma

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre Medical
HELLO FRIENDS,

I have got conditional admission offer form both carleton and Queen's university for Meng programme in ECE.

Queens is offering 1 year Meng programme and Carleton is offering 2 year Meng programme.

SO Now my question is which one should i prefer?

So,Whether I should give preference to Ranking only or I should also consider the duration of the programme regarding work permit issues ....?

studentvisa13

Jan 13, 2013
Sameer...both have their own pros and cons.

2 yr program - are you willing to invest for 2 years of tuition + living expenses? its a lot of money. If yes, then yea, you will get 2 or 3 years of PGWP once you graduate. As per current Canadian Experience Class Immigration - you only need 12 months of work experience to qualify for immigration. So the 2 year program will be MORE than perfect.

1 yr program - good on your pocket - will give you only 1 yr of PGWP - so you can work for 1 yr and then apply for immigration. But choose this program only if this program is more respected in your industry. Check the employability stats of this program - how soon do the grads get into jobs after graduating from this program. if its sooner than the 2 year - go for this one. Google about its ranking and see whats the general buzz on this program.

if i were you, i'd choose a good 1 yr program that will be easy on my pocket but will ensure a stable job for at least 2 years. In those 2 years, i will apply for immigration, become immigrant and then - i can do Masters or PHD ..in any university paying Canadian resident fees which are at least 3 times lower than international students fees.

Just my opinion....and i can be wrong :)

May 10, 2013
Congrats Sameer..

I am planning to apply for M Eng, Jan intake to these Univ ..

My profile is something like this :
Btech - 75.4%
Ielts - 8.5
Work exp : 18 months..

Can you make a call on my odds of getting an admission based on your experience of getting through :)