+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got accepted as refugee. Acceptance letter?

seeking light

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Hi

I have been accepted as refugee yesterday. On my first hearing at RPD , member gave decision orally after 15 minutes into hearing. My question is how long it will take for acceptance letter to reach me through mail? Thank you.

Aseer

Apr 1, 2016
seeking light said:
Hi

I have been accepted as refugee yesterday. On my first hearing at RPD , member gave decision orally after 15 minutes into hearing. My question is how long it will take for acceptance letter to reach me through mail? Thank you.
congratulations, 15 minutes! was that tough for you? Did they ask questions only related to your written story? were you stressed or relaxed ?

seeking light

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Member asked all types of questions. Related to story and also unrelated to story. It was more like rapid fire questioning. In almost 15 minutes I was asked roughly 50-60 questions. Member advised me before hearing that I give to the point answers. Member was very well prepared.

Streetman

Jun 21, 2016
Edmonton
3-4 weeks. I'm sure he/she mentioned that but you were so stressed to hear that :D
It could've take more than that if you're unlucky :p just kidding bruh

Lasso

Aug 15, 2016
seeking light said:
Hi

Congratulations,
I hope you will get it soon. Meantime you can prepare you PR application and retrieve all the informations.

LuckyGirl88

Oct 21, 2016
seeking light said:
Hi

Dont worry you will get it in 3 weeks approx. It will have instructions to apply for your health card. and PR card. Congrats.

seeking light

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
I received my acceptance letter today. Though it's Saturday but looks like Canada post made a delivery. I am feeling very much relieved. Now will move on to next steps

Apr 6, 2015
hi bro first of all congratulation on achieving this.
I wanna to know how did you done all the process of asylum, how you entered in canada and make a claim for asylum?
and also where country are you from and what scenario you had for asylum? thanks