CPC-OTTAWA/ NEW YORK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th June 2014
LANDED..........
6th July 2015/Toronto
When we filled the Goods to follow list, it was done on my wife name as the PR application was made on her name. We live in US and I plan to move to Toronto while my wife stays back in US to make sure my PR doesn't lapse and she will be in US as we are close to getting the US Greencard but with Trump in power nothing is sure until we get it in hand

Because the Goods to Follow list is on my wife name and our car is listed in it, my question is how do I bring it to Canada. Please note the car is also registered on my wife name

Initially me and my wife thought of changing the title of the car on my name and then I import the car by myself to Canada

OR

My wife imports the car into Canada and we change the title in Canada on my name and she moves back.

Which way to import the car to Canada

Please advise

Last edited:

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
"My wife imports the car into Canada and we change the title in Canada on my name and she moves back." --> In Canada, their is no concept of Title. They only use registration.

fswevaluation

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA/ NEW YORK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th June 2014
LANDED..........
6th July 2015/Toronto
"My wife imports the car into Canada and we change the title in Canada on my name and she moves back." --> In Canada, their is no concept of Title. They only use registration.

So the vehicle should be registered on my name when I import- which I am clear about but when we declared “Goods to follow” our car was listed on that form with my wife signing it. So if I change the registration to my name in US- will I attract import duty when I import it into Canada as the “Goods to follow “ was not signed by me?

fswevaluation

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA/ NEW YORK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th June 2014
LANDED..........
6th July 2015/Toronto
Research.

Ive researched how to import my truck from Canada to US.

I researched but my case is unique where the car is registered on my wife name and I am importing the car to Canada and I want to know does it attract import duty and GST. If you have nothing better to contribute- just shut up

jamie hito

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Japan
I researched but my case is unique where the car is registered on my wife name and I am importing the car to Canada and I want to know does it attract import duty and GST. If you have nothing better to contribute- just shut up
Your the one yapping away there and yet you have the audacity to tell me to shup up.

Change the registration to your name and them import it. It’s foolish enough your importing a vehicle registered to your wife and yet not pay taxes.
Either its on your name or she imports it.

fswevaluation

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA/ NEW YORK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th June 2014
LANDED..........
6th July 2015/Toronto
Again - you have the shamelessness to tell me to research and you are begging for information on the other thread asking people about moving companies . You should shut up if you don’t know everything rather pointing fingers at others

fswevaluation

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA/ NEW YORK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th June 2014
LANDED..........
6th July 2015/Toronto
Your the one yapping away there and yet you have the audacity to tell me to shup up.

Change the registration to your name and them import it. It’s foolish enough your importing a vehicle registered to your wife and yet not pay taxes.
Either its on your name or she imports it.

Also work on your English- it’s you are NOT your importing