Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2013
Doc's Request.
March 4 & April 9, 2014
File Transfer...
September 12, 2013
Med's Done....
June 4, 2013 extended until May1, 2015!!!
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 6,2014!!
LANDED..........
April 2,2015
Hi Guys,
I have been researching all the past topics on B4/B4A forms for goods to follow when landing. I am feeling overwhelmed with making out the lists since I will literally be bringing over everything I own. I will be bringing our mattress and box spring, couch, end tables, kitchen essentials, our car, computers, TV, router, socks, underwear, pants, medications (prescriptions and over the counter), nail polish!

On the original list that only has 8 categories..what is the best way to group everything together? I was thinking maybe by rooms. Like
"kitchen essentials" (utensils, plates, cups, coffee maker, blender...)
"Living room" (TV, couch, PS3, end tables, ottomans, picture frames)
"Bed room" (mattress, box spring, sheet sets, pillows, night stand, dresser)
"Office" (desktop computer, monitor, mouse and keyboard, laptop, charger, printer)
"Wash room" (towels, electric tooth brush, tooth pasts, shampoos and conditioners, hand held shower head, shower curtain, cleaner)

Then with the extra 3 categories I would do
"Jewelry" (wedding rings)
"clothing" (socks, dresses, pants, shirts)
"Random Items" (Nail polish, Prescription Medications, Over the counter meds)

If these groupings wont work what is the best way to do it? Do I literally have to list each and every item like 16 pairs of socks, 14 bottles of nail polish, 10 pairs of pants, 24 forks, 24 knives, 24 spoons, 8 coffee mugs?? Am I over thinking this? Or can I just put kitchen supplies worth $150? Any help and clarification will help me greatly, I feel like I am going insane try to create this list!

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
katester said:
Hi Guys,
I have been researching all the past topics on B4/B4A forms for goods to follow when landing. I am feeling overwhelmed with making out the lists since I will literally be bringing over everything I own. I will be bringing our mattress and box spring, couch, end tables, kitchen essentials, our car, computers, TV, router, socks, underwear, pants, medications (prescriptions and over the counter), nail polish!

On the original list that only has 8 categories..what is the best way to group everything together? I was thinking maybe by rooms. Like
"Office" (desktop computer, monitor, mouse and keyboard, laptop, charger, printer)
"Wash room" (towels, electric tooth brush, tooth pasts, shampoos and conditioners, hand held shower head, shower curtain, cleaner)

If these groupings wont work what is the best way to do it? Do I literally have to list each and every item like 16 pairs of socks, 14 bottles of nail polish, 10 pairs of pants, 24 forks, 24 knives, 24 spoons, 8 coffee mugs?? Am I over thinking this? Or can I just put kitchen supplies worth $150? Any help and clarification will help me greatly, I feel like I am going insane try to create this list!
Overthinking. ;)

You can group items together. Such as 4 boxes of kitchen items. 10 boxes of clothing. 2 boxes of personal items. The only thing you want to be specific about will be expensive electronic equipment. Be sure to note their serial numbers.

Take a deep breath. It's not as hard as it seems. It is just a bit overwhelming to you right now. It will be OK.

uskyoot

Star Member
Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014
AOR Received.
25-06-2014
File Transfer...
07-07-2014
Med's Done....
03-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2014
LANDED..........
CORP received 5/8/2014 Landed 30/08/2014
Do you have to put how many boxes of each item. I didn't keep track and my boxes are piled to the ceiling. No way to count them now. Can I just put "clothing" and a value

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
uskyoot said:
Do you have to put how many boxes of each item. I didn't keep track and my boxes are piled to the ceiling. No way to count them now. Can I just put "clothing" and a value
As long as they are all clothing, sure, or at mimimum, majority of the box is clothing without things 'hidden' inside, like jewelry and stuff. If you have jewels and such, they should be appraised and have pictures included, and you should make a 'note' somewhere that states which box you put them in and where, just in case they ask to see it. Then you know where to go exactly to look for it.

The danger in just putting clothing if it's not just all clothing is IF they decide to take a look in a box and it turns out to be say, electronics. They might wonder what else you have and then keep you held up while they search each and every box on your truck. As long as nothing is illegal, they'll land you and let you through, but the pain in the ass it COULD generate, well, just not worth it to me. LOL

uskyoot

Star Member
Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014
AOR Received.
25-06-2014
File Transfer...
07-07-2014
Med's Done....
03-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2014
LANDED..........
CORP received 5/8/2014 Landed 30/08/2014
Every box is clearly marked as to what is inside and all electronics will be listed with serial numbers.(wish I had jewelry to hide) I just don't know how many boxes there are in each category

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
uskyoot said:
Every box is clearly marked as to what is inside and all electronics will be listed with serial numbers.(wish I had jewelry to hide) I just don't know how many boxes there are in each category
perhaps you'll be able to figure it out when you load them onto the truck (if it's even necessary to do)?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
katester said:
Hi Guys,

When you say that there are only eight "categories", are you referring to the eight lines on the B4?
If so, that's what the B4a forms are for. They are continuation sheets for a single B4.

ovasquez1

Star Member
Dec 15, 2011
Visa Office......
CPP-O
App. Filed.......
March 28, 2014
AOR Received.
May 14, 2014
File Transfer...
May 15, 2014
Med's Done....
March 10, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM July 19, 2014 : COPR July 22, 2014
LANDED..........
August 19, 2014
Alurra71 said:
As long as they are all clothing, sure, or at mimimum, majority of the box is clothing without things 'hidden' inside, like jewelry and stuff. If you have jewels and such, they should be appraised and have pictures included, and you should make a 'note' somewhere that states which box you put them in and where, just in case they ask to see it. Then you know where to go exactly to look for it.

The danger in just putting clothing if it's not just all clothing is IF they decide to take a look in a box and it turns out to be say, electronics. They might wonder what else you have and then keep you held up while they search each and every box on your truck. As long as nothing is illegal, they'll land you and let you through, but the pain in the ass it COULD generate, well, just not worth it to me. LOL
When you say "jewels" you mean jewels right, not jewelry?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
ovasquez1 said:
When you say "jewels" you mean jewels right, not jewelry?
i assume that means expensive jewelry that would normally be appraised. this doesn't mean costume or everyday jewelry. for example, i have an appraisal for my engagement/wedding band set, which i think i will list separately. with all of my regular, everyday stuff, i'm just going to lump all together and provide a price for the lot.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
rhcohen2014 said:
i assume that means expensive jewelry that would normally be appraised. this doesn't mean costume or everyday jewelry. for example, i have an appraisal for my engagement/wedding band set, which i think i will list separately. with all of my regular, everyday stuff, i'm just going to lump all together and provide a price for the lot.
You actually don't even need to list your wedding/engagement ring unless you are transporting them on something OTHER THAN your finger ;) It won't hurt if you do, but most folks don't. I didn't. No problems.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Alurra71 said:
You actually don't even need to list your wedding/engagement ring unless you are transporting them on something OTHER THAN your finger ;) It won't hurt if you do, but most folks don't. I didn't. No problems.
oh! that's good to know! i assumed the officer would look at my finger and say, "did you list that on your form?". hahaha!