+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Good sign or bad sign?

kg

Star Member
Dec 23, 2009
I am sponsoring my wife into Canada, our application started processing in Dec 2009, but prior to this, my wife has a Skilled worker Visa Application in process.

She got a call from the embassy a few weeks ago, and they mentioned that she needs to cancel the Skilled worker visa, to continue to the 2 final reviews on the Sponsorship visa. Do you think this is a good sign that we will be approved soon and and the interview is waived or the other way around? Also what would the final 2 reviews be? My wife tried to ask the person calling what stage our application is in, but she said she was not allowed to say.

I also inquired with my MP a little while ago, and they got a response on May 21st that our application was queued for selection review.

Its been 2 weeks since we sent in a letter to cancel the skilled worker visa, do you know how long it normally takes?

khuda22

Jun 16, 2010
kg said:
I am sponsoring my wife into Canada, our application started processing in Dec 2009, but prior to this, my wife has a Skilled worker Visa Application in process.

She got a call from the embassy a few weeks ago, and they mentioned that she needs to cancel the Skilled worker visa, to continue to the 2 final reviews on the Sponsorship visa. Do you think this is a good sign that we will be approved soon and and the interview is waived or the other way around? Also what would the final 2 reviews be? My wife tried to ask the person calling what stage our application is in, but she said she was not allowed to say.

I also inquired with my MP a little while ago, and they got a response on May 21st that our application was queued for selection review.

Its been 2 weeks since we sent in a letter to cancel the skilled worker visa, do you know how long it normally takes?

hi kg! we're on the same boat we got a response from our MP last june 16 stating that our application is queued for selection review. I don't know if they are reviewing or still for further review. We were asked to submit additional proof of relationship last Jan 29. By the way my application was processed Dec 7, 2009, more likely we have a same time line. However, we did apply for conjugal class since we are a same sex couple. I'm sorry I couldn't give you inputs about skilled worker visa, but you mentioned in the other forum that queued for selection review means for interview? In my opinion, asking for cancellation of skilled worker visa is a good sign, they wouldn't bother to call and ask you to do that. As far as i know it would take a longer processing than spousal sponsorship.

I just hope will have a positive feedback soon, spouses are more likely to be approved. Conjugal is the hardest to prove and very tricky one. Good luck! It's monday again and we need to cross our fingers , toes and even eyes for a GOOD news hehehehee.

kg

Star Member
Dec 23, 2009
Hello khuda22, I'm just not sure if we are still on selection review at this time because we got that reply last May 21 so I'm really wishing and praying that stage is over already.

I didn't really say that selection review means for interview. I just read in other forum too that during that stage, the IO will decide if interview is required or not.

I also saw your post about the reply from the MP and we got the same reply that our paper is within normal processing time which is 12months . Not sure why it's 12months now because in the AOR my wife got, it clearly states there 6months from the time they received the application package.

Let's just hope that we won't wait that long anymore because it's really hard and me and my wife are getting crazy already. I really hope that getting that call is a good sign. Good luck to you and your partner!

khuda22

Jun 16, 2010
kg said:
Hello khuda22, I'm just not sure if we are still on selection review at this time because we got that reply last May 21 so I'm really wishing and praying that stage is over already.

I didn't really say that selection review means for interview. I just read in other forum too that during that stage, the IO will decide if interview is required or not.

I also saw your post about the reply from the MP and we got the same reply that our paper is within normal processing time which is 12months . Not sure why it's 12months now because in the AOR my wife got, it clearly states there 6months from the time they received the application package.

Let's just hope that we won't wait that long anymore because it's really hard and me and my wife are getting crazy already. I really hope that getting that call is a good sign. Good luck to you and your partner!

Hi kg, ahh ic i thought somebody informed you that selection review is also for interview. I am just wondering if they can possibly deny the application even without an interview?? Hmm i hope it will not be the case, not giving at least an opportunity to defend or show that the relationship is genuine is discriminating/. I got worried as well of the processing time now VS on the AOR. Yes, let's hope for the best and pray to god not to prolong our agony hehehe. Good luck to you as well!

kg

Star Member
Dec 23, 2009
khuda22 said:
kg said:

Hi kg, ahh ic i thought somebody informed you that selection review is also for interview. I am just wondering if they can possibly deny the application even without an interview?? Hmm i hope it will not be the case, not giving at least an opportunity to defend or show that the relationship is genuine is discriminating/. I got worried as well of the processing time now VS on the AOR. Yes, let's hope for the best and pray to god not to prolong our agony hehehe. Good luck to you as well!
Hello khuda22, i don't think they will deny the application without the interview. That's the reason why there's interview, to clarify doubts of the IO like if the relationship is genuine or to clear some information written on the application forms.

I saw your timeline, and I have a feeling that you won't be asked for interview anymore. From my point of view, you and your partner really qualifies under conjugal partner as same sex marriage is not recognized in the Philippines. Everything crossed for getting DM soon for us hehehe.

khuda22

Jun 16, 2010
kg said:
Hello khuda22, i don't think they will deny the application without the interview. That's the reason why there's interview, to clarify doubts of the IO like if the relationship is genuine or to clear some information written on the application forms.

I saw your timeline, and I have a feeling that you won't be asked for interview anymore. From my point of view, you and your partner really qualifies under conjugal partner as same sex marriage is not recognized in the Philippines. Everything crossed for getting DM soon for us hehehe.
Ahhhh that made my day. Thank you for your kind words KG, we are destined to be with our partners soon! May I ask as well, what number is showing when they called your wife? Perhaps the skilled worker application is one of the reason why they haven't decided yet and in order for them to continue the other one needs to be cancelled. Have you tried asking your MP about skilled worker visa? If I may ask also, from what state are you? Thank you so much again for your time! I am also positive you will be reunited with your wife pretty soon! Proximity sucks heheheehe

kg

Star Member
Dec 23, 2009
khuda22 said:
Ahhhh that made my day. Thank you for your kind words KG, we are destined to be with our partners soon! May I ask as well, what number is showing when they called your wife? Perhaps the skilled worker application is one of the reason why they haven't decided yet and in order for them to continue the other one needs to be cancelled. Have you tried asking your MP about skilled worker visa? If I may ask also, from what state are you? Thank you so much again for your time! I am also positive you will be reunited with your wife pretty soon! Proximity sucks heheheehe
Hello, khuda22, When my wife got the call this number was 857-9000. I haven't asked my MP yet, as after the last time I talked to him, he said wait 8 weeks and then contact them again if we still don't have it. I'm also not from any state, i'm in the province of BC