Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
The Goverment of Canada has announced a new class for Temporary Foriegn Workers,Previously Temporary Foriegn Workers had to leave Canada before being able to apply for Permanent Residency or Immigrant Status.Starting November Many Categories with at least 2 years Work Experience can apply for Permanent Residency without having to spend money to leave Canada.The same is now true for students who graduated from at least 2 years of Study in A Canadian Educational Institution.They can apply after 1 year of work Experience.Another Message from the Goverment of Canada

pao

May 9, 2008
i'm a pinoy working as an poultry worker here in BC, under a low skilled visa- does this news includes us?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, this class is only for skilled temporary workers. If you are low skilled, try to upgrade to semi-skilled under BC or AB provincial nominee program (PNP) and then you will qualify for PR.

pao

May 9, 2008
tell me, how does one qualify for a semi skilled work or visa? my stay here has given me headaches of whether i should continue working here since as you've said low skilled workers have no chance of attaining PR status

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First look at BC PNP at http://www.ecdev.gov.bc.ca/programsandservices/pnp/ and look at their semi-skilled classes of work. If you can get a job offer doing one of those things, you can apply to the BC PNP. If not, look at Alberta PNP at http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrate/ainp.html and look at their semi-skilled classes of work. If you can get a job offer doing one of those things, you can apply for the AB PNP.