+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Good Immigration Lawyer

goolash

Sep 7, 2009
Hi
My app for PR was rejected - can anyone reccomend a good laywer here in the UK? I have to respond to the CIC to inform them if i intend to appeal by the 15th Sep so please hurry!!

Cheers

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you apply under the family class? If so, it's your sponsor who has to appeal. You need a lawyer or immigration consultant in Canada.

Al.Abed

Star Member
Aug 27, 2009
hi I'm really sorry to hear that. I hope you win your appeal !!
if you dont mind me asking, did they tell you why it was rejected?

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Goolash,

so sorry to hear your news :(. I can't recommend any lawyers, but highly suggest you get a copy of your CAIPS notes (a complete copy of your file) to see what the I/O noted in your file, and the reason(s) for denial - so that you can best arm yourself for a good defense.

To Request CAIPS:

1. You'll (OR YOUR SPOUSE, WHO IS CANADIAN CIT/PR) will need to request the CAIPS notes.
2. Check the CAIPS notes box and fill in the Embassy box next to it (put London, UK)
3. In the Visa File number write the file number beginning with Bxxxxxxxx
4. Don't check the PR box.

You can find your file number on the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter, which would include the file number. This would also be on any correspondence from the visa office

And one very important point - you also need to include a consent form from the applicant giving the Canadian Citizen/PR permission to order CAIPS notes. You can find the consent form on this page: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/release-info.asp

Then on the Access to Information form:
- you put applicant name and DOB in the section at the top of the form.
- You check the box on the left under Access To Information Act ($5.00 fee) which says Receive copies of the records
- You check the CAIPS notes box on the next section and specify the embassy, and enter the file number.
- In the bottom section you fill out the Canadian Citizen/PR's name and contact details etc and check the box, as the sponsor is requesting it on the applicant's behalf.

- You sign it and mail it in with the consent form and a cheque for $5 made payable to the Receiver General for Canada.

The address to send it to is:

Public Rights Administration
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Narono Building
360 Laurier Avenue West, 10th floor
Ottawa, ON
K1A 1L1
Good Luck

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good info from Rasha.

But even more important is that your sponsor files the Notice of Appeal to the Immigration and Refugee Board by the deadline!

Here's the link to the form and instructions.

http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/Eng/tribunal/form/Pages/spon_par.aspx

goolash

Sep 7, 2009
Well i dont think i will be appealing to be honest.

I am inadmissiable on the grounds of Serious Criminality - i broke 2 panes of glass in a neighbours fromt door and was convicted in March 2007.

In addition to that i was done for Drunk & disorderly in 1998 and Failing to Provide a Specimen of Breath in 2001, so ive got a persistent pattern of criminal activity all of which is alcohol related. Facts are Facts and the CIC dont give a rats arse about anything but ticking their boxes - i get the feeling they enjoy an open and shut case like mine.

Thanks for all the advice on here, im still confused though -
1. not sure if the appeal is in canada or the UK
2. agh to hell with it.