+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Good conduct certificate request

AshyS

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
Dears

I reside in Bahrain so require police clearance from here. When i searched in cic site..under bahrain..it says i should request for good conduct certificate. For this, it mentions that once i do my application..cic will send me letter requesting certificate of good conduct...has anyone got such a letter or know about this?

Ashy

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
That's what you should do. Get the letter from CIC and then use it to request the good conduct certificate.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Dears

I reside in Bahrain so require police clearance from here. When i searched in cic site..under bahrain..it says i should request for good conduct certificate. For this, it mentions that once i do my application..cic will send me letter requesting certificate of good conduct...has anyone got such a letter or know about this?

Ashy
Hi AshyS, have you already submitted your PR application?

Here is what the official msg from the IRCC is wrt to Bahraini PCC...

Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? No.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada will send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your Application for Permanent Residence. You must bring that letter when you apply for a Police Certificate.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/bahrain.html

Procedure for the Bahraini PCC: https://www.mofa.gov.bh/Default.aspx?tabid=149&language=en-US

Reactions: AshyS

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
I needed a PCC from the Netherlands, and had to follow the same procedure. However, I ended up not using it, as I managed to get my Dutch PCC without any request letter somehow.

This is what I was provided by them. It is a completely useless letter, and simply refers back to the page that tells you to get a request letter. Therefore, I would recommend just taking a screenshot of the Canada.ca website, and use that as your request letter to get a PCC, instead of waiting for them to send this.

AshyS

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
Hi AshyS, have you already submitted your PR application?

Here is what the official msg from the IRCC is wrt to Bahraini PCC...

Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? No.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada will send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your Application for Permanent Residence. You must bring that letter when you apply for a Police Certificate.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/bahrain.html

Procedure for the Bahraini PCC: https://www.mofa.gov.bh/Default.aspx?tabid=149&language=en-US

Thanks for your reply.

i am a bit confused here. After ITA, I completed the additional questions in my profile and continued. I reachd a page where i need to upload all documents like police certificate, medical proof etc. Is this the stage cic is referring to above about receiving the request letter?

AshyS

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
I needed a PCC from the Netherlands, and had to follow the same procedure. However, I ended up not using it, as I managed to get my Dutch PCC without any request letter somehow.

This is what I was provided by them. It is a completely useless letter, and simply refers back to the page that tells you to get a request letter. Therefore, I would recommend just taking a screenshot of the Canada.ca website, and use that as your request letter to get a PCC, instead of waiting for them to send this.

Thanks for your reply. It is very useful info.
Just to clarify, what is the document you uploaded under Police slot in your application? Only police clearance certificate or this request letter also?

Ashy

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thanks for your reply.

i am a bit confused here. After ITA, I completed the additional questions in my profile and continued. I reachd a page where i need to upload all documents like police certificate, medical proof etc. Is this the stage cic is referring to above about receiving the request letter?
Are you a Bahraini national or expat ?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Ok, so you may have to include the Indian PCC and perhaps (just my honest opinion) include a letter of explanation that since you are residing in Bahrain you need the letter from IRCC to get and submit the Bahraini PCC later on.

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Thanks for your reply. It is very useful info.
Just to clarify, what is the document you uploaded under Police slot in your application? Only police clearance certificate or this request letter also?

Ashy
Just the Police Certificate. The request letter is what you would send to the police authorities in Bahrain.

km.

Jul 10, 2018
Hello all,

I live in Canada and recently received an ITA for my PR.

I need to get a Good Conduct Certificate (PCC) from Bahrain.

Could someone please guide me through the process to get a Good Conduct Certificate (PCC) from Bahrain while living in Canada.

1. how and where do I get fingerprints from
2. how do I get a request letter from the Canadian embassy for PCC from Bahrain.
3. Is blue background photo necessary or white background photo will do.

Thank you.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hello all,

I live in Canada and recently received an ITA for my PR.

I need to get a Good Conduct Certificate (PCC) from Bahrain.

Could someone please guide me through the process to get a Good Conduct Certificate (PCC) from Bahrain while living in Canada.

1. how and where do I get fingerprints from
2. how do I get a request letter from the Canadian embassy for PCC from Bahrain.
3. Is blue background photo necessary or white background photo will do.

Thank you.

If you live outside of Bahrain: (but have lived in Bahrain for more than 6 months)
You can:

1. Return to Bahrain and apply in person OR ask a representative (a friend, relative or colleague) in Bahrain, with a power of attorney, to apply on your behalf at the Criminal Investigation Directorate (CID) and follow the instructions above.
  2. Visit your nearest Embassy of Bahrain and bring:
    • A copy of the passport that you used in Bahrain
    • A copy of your old or expired resident visa for Bahrain
    • A copy of your current passport
    • A copy of your current valid residence permit
    • 3 photographs (4x5 cm) with white background
    • Applicable fees
Note: You will be given a form to take to the police department for fingerprints.

sam04

May 7, 2017
Please Note : CID Bahrain changed policy to minimum stay requirements as minimum 24 months in Bahrain to issue Good conduct certificate.