+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Going to sponsor my GF, please advise

Madtravel

Jun 4, 2013
Hello all!
Good to be here and get the precious knowledge on the sponsorship routine from notable experts.
Though the thread is full of useful stuff I would gently ask the seniors for the relevant advises in my particular case.
Where do I begin…Back in 2012 I got my visa stamped in the passport allowing me to step on the Canadian soil and become PR under Quebec program. So I did 4 months later by passing 5 weeks and then returned to my country of origin and haven’t been to Canada since then. Before I landed I had started the relationship and it is still the case. No common low, we are from different cities and meet regularly 2-3 times per month on weekends. We spent our holiday together and a pile of photos/e-mails/skype records etc are available to prove the genuineness of the relationship. Recently we have decided to start living together for a couple of months in my city and if all proves to be fine we would move to Canada for good.
So the spouse sponsorship is on the agenda. Looking at the numerous posts around the process it is not going to be quick and easy. So would like to pick the best strategy allowing us to be together most of the time during the successful sponsorship process.
As we are from non exempt-visa country the first step is to get Visa for my gf from local VO unless we face Outland procedure with 18 months apart and ocean between us which is the less favorable scenario for us.
From here on the questions are appearing for your kind expert advises.
i. When is the best timing for the marriage in terms of having more chances to get the TRV. To what I’ve learned from a few threads the embassy is very reluctant to grant a spouse with TRV whether or not the sponsoring process is on the go. Might be wiser for her to apply for TRV, get it and then move to Canada where we arrange a ceremony, submit for Inland and reside for 14 months in Canada?
Though the above scenario looks logical for me I can foresee some potential pitfalls where I really in need of your expert comments.
ii. By asking TRV (say for language courses/tourist visit/invitation from me/study permit– not sure which format is the most certain) we hide the intention to start sponsorship which could mean a red flag during first stage approval which would mean a delay for working permit and overall process for months until the interview is arranged. Is that case a certain red flag for the officer? Please share your view/advises on the point. Another option could be a marriage after TRV has been received and before entering Canada but not sure if we violate any visa rules by doing this. Please advise.
iii. TRV is usually 6 months long but I head that Canadian border officers can reduce the stay which would bring extra risk to the Inland preparation in Canada with my wife’s tight legal period . Is this exceptional case or rather standard one?
iv. The ceremony in Canada itself would be without parents/friends attending (as no one has visas and it is very costly to get them in Canada) – possibly more suspicions for the officer and again interview?
v. Once married in Canada my gf will change a last name. How to arrange the change in ID and police/medical papers along with the forms for Inland application. Maybe better not to change the last name and use those forms prepared in advance before we enter Canada? Is that possible to have papers (medical/police checks) done before marriage and use them for Inland or spouse status is required?
vi. Is Inland implies Always a legal status in Canada for the spouse until she gets PR?
vii. I’ve had my PR under Quebec immigration program – is it obligatory to apply the sponsorship package via Quebec office?

What are the areas I should pay more attention to in my case? Any other advises you feel be helpful in my situation are very welcome!
Thanks in advance.