+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Going on vacation to Pakistan with PR card for the first time? What do I need to show at the airport?

afridi37

Jul 15, 2022
Hi, I recently got my PR card and am planning on traveling to Pakistan. What documents would I be asked for in Pakistan when coming back? Is a valid passport and a PR card enough? Do I need anything else like a protectorate stamp? Please advise.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi, I recently got my PR card and am planning on traveling to Pakistan. What documents would I be asked for in Pakistan when coming back? Is a valid passport and a PR card enough? Do I need anything else like a protectorate stamp? Please advise.
You just need a valid passport and PR card to enter Canada.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
How did you obtain your PR?
In normal case of entering into any country that you were from, you only need a travel document issued by that country. (except if you got your PR as a protected person)
I don't know what does Pakistan needs specifically for their citizens.

For returning back to Canada, you only need a valid passport/travel document and your PR card.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
With a valid PR card, a passport may not officially be needed if entering Canada at a land border.
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/td-dv-eng.html

Acceptable documents to denote identity and citizenship

Upon arrival at a Canadian port of entry, travellers must satisfy a CBSA border services officer (BSO) that they meet the requirements for entry into Canada. For Canadian citizens, permanent residents and persons registered under the Indian Act, this can be done through questioning and through verifying documentation such as a:

• Canadian passport
  • Canadian birth certificate
  • permanent residence card
  • citizenship card
  • Secure Certificate of Indian Status (SCIS) card or valid Certificate of Indian Status (CIS) card