+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Global Skills Strategy ICT

maddy0607

Star Member
Apr 14, 2017
There appears to be a Global Skills Strategy (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/2-week.asp) which was introduced starting from June 12, 2017. This stream provides two week processing for work permit applications.

I submitted my application about Aug 14th 2017 from india and I still haven't received it. I am certain that my application qualifies for this stream; however, there is no indicator/status on my submitted application saying anything about the Global Skills Strategy.

Furthermore, there is no way to find out anything about my application. I submitted a query through the webform and their reply simply said that I should use the webform to query about the Global Skills Strategy program -- which is what I did in the first place.

So is this Global Sills Stream really effective? Or do I have to wait for 15 weeks (i.e., ETA for regular work visa applications from USA) to get my work permit?

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF ANY OF YOU WITH SAME TIME LINE>

TheOneAndOnly1

Oct 16, 2017
There appears to be a Global Skills Strategy (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/2-week.asp) which was introduced starting from June 12, 2017. This stream provides two week processing for work permit applications.

I submitted my application about Aug 14th 2017 from india and I still haven't received it. I am certain that my application qualifies for this stream; however, there is no indicator/status on my submitted application saying anything about the Global Skills Strategy.

Furthermore, there is no way to find out anything about my application. I submitted a query through the webform and their reply simply said that I should use the webform to query about the Global Skills Strategy program -- which is what I did in the first place.

So is this Global Sills Stream really effective? Or do I have to wait for 15 weeks (i.e., ETA for regular work visa applications from USA) to get my work permit?

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF ANY OF YOU WITH SAME TIME LINE>
Many applicants who marked their applications as Global Skills Strategy are waiting on feedback. Lawyers have advised that it is taking longer than 2 weeks but shorter than regular processing times. I have applied for the same and am waiting almost 10 weeks now.

MSJ007

Feb 25, 2022
Any updates on the application? For me its more than 10 weeks still no updates. What should i do? By when i can expect the approval?