+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GIVING UP

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ELOH said:
Thank you so much for the information. It's worth it, right? At this point, I have nothing to lose.

I will keep you updated. Cross your fingers! and good luck to everyone who is going through this.
Absolutely! Everyone goes through slumps - it's been a long journey, but that just means you are this many days closer to being approved :)

ELOH

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
03/12/2012
File Transfer...
07/07/12 but no VO as of 08/22/12
Med's Done....
08/25/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/28/2013
Thank you, Oh Canadiana. It seems like the closer we get the easier it should be but it has been the opposite. Endurance is wearing thin. It's tough putting everything on hold for this long and not seeing an end in sight or even knowing if there is an end. Not whining. Feel very fortunate to have found my husband four years ago. Just waiting to be with him... Thank you for the encouragement.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ELOH said:
Thank you, Oh Canadiana. It seems like the closer we get the easier it should be but it has been the opposite. Endurance is wearing thin. It's tough putting everything on hold for this long and not seeing an end in sight or even knowing if there is an end. Not whining. Feel very fortunate to have found my husband four years ago. Just waiting to be with him... Thank you for the encouragement.
You can do it! And, just think about how happy you'll be once you can be under the same roof every night :)

ELOH

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
03/12/2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
08/25/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/28/2013
Ha, yes! That is what keeps us going right now. We are both about spent on this. THank you!

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
LeisaP said:
this is the instructions someone recently sent to me on how to order them. i think this will be more helpful than the instructions on the website.
if you still have questions feel free to ask!

GCMS notes are computer generated notes about your case, you can get all information about your application. you can get reason for interview also, why did they decide to schedule an interview for you.
you need to be in Canada to apply but your wife can order GCMS notes for you. sometime it takes 5-6 weeks to get these notes so you should apply asap. there are 2 forms you need to download, you need to sign one consent form authorizing your wife to get information about your case from CIC.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563E.pdf

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5475E.pdf
Step by step:

Print off IMM 5563 (05-2012) E - Access to Information and Personal Information Request
Section A:
1. Access to Information Act
2. English/French (your choice)
3. Email (fastest way)
4. No (because you do not live in Canada you cannot request on your own, your spouse will have to officially request for you)

Section B:
This section is for you to fill out.
Family Name (Last Name)
Given Name(s) (First Name/Middle Name)
DOB
Electronic Files - Status of an Appliacation - File Number (you would get this from the AOR or Approval, ours started with an 'F') - Location (in your case its New Delhi, India)
DO NOT fille out the Immigratrion File in Canada section or the next section down that says Physical File

Section C:
This section your spouse that lives in Canada will fill out:
Tick the box "this request is usbmitted by a Canadian Citizian or PR"
Mr. Mrs. Ms
Family Name (Last Name)
Given Name(s) (First Name/Middle Name)
Full Address
Phone Number
Email
Requesters Signature: your spouse to sign and date

NOW:

Print off IMM 5475(12-2004) E - Authoriy to Release Personal Information To A Designated Individual
Choose One:
Tick off the first box "i authorize"
Questions 1-4 are for you, the principal applicant to fill out
1. Family Name and Given Name
2. DOB
3. Name of Office:New Delhi, India Location of Office: New Delhi, India
4. File Number or Client ID

Questions 5-6 are for your spouse, the Canadian citizian or PR to fill out
5. Family Name and Given Name
6. Address, Phone and Email (make sure to use the same email that you provided when you first submitted the application)

7. Principal Applicant to sign and date/Sponsor to sign and date

I filled the forms out and then scanned them to my husband to sign, then scanned them again and emailed them, the email address is at the bottom of form IMM-5563

Lastly

Pay the $5 online, print the receipt and fill it out with your sponsors information and email all 4 pages.
good luck Smiley
I was just going to copy and paste this ;D

Eloh don't give up! Order the notes and call every day...I emailed the satellite offices a bunch of times and it didn't delay. Stay strong...

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Hey Eloh,

Don't give up! you're so close to the end... order the notes, and that will come for sure! :) you have no control on when CIC will take a decision but there are a few things you can do. The notes will give you a better idea of what has been assessed already, and what is still under process ( they have different categories). it's really unfortunate that they lost your file, and then with buffalo closing, it might add a few bumps on the road, but you are very close - and see it that way - you have never been closer to being approved! :) each day that passes just makes it closer to the PR being sent to you.
Contacting your MP will also help - you will get more information, and it will feel that at least something is moving. Don't withdraw your application, it has been a long road, but you're probably near the end - keep focusing on the positive, and make a list of things you want to do with your husband in Canada once both of you are there...

Crossing my fingers for you, and hope you'll hear from them very soon!
Good luck,
Sweden

ELOH

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
03/12/2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
08/25/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/28/2013
thanks again everyone for the encouragement. a new day and I have asked my husband to order the notes and I will send another email too. Meanwhile, yes, I will picture that day when I am there... forms filled out. Passport stamped. And there. Will keep you posted! Good luck, all!