+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Giving Birth in Toronto

SAM6

Aug 16, 2008
Please help us , my wife will be giving birth late August , we did not apply for OHIP when we landed last summer ( shot myslef already)
Where is the best places to have the baby and how much would it cost ??
Is there any way ( Medics , please assist ) to have the baby born in Canada without paying the huge fees ?
Thanks a million

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you in Canada now? Why don't you apply for OHIP now?

If you are not in Canada right now but are thinking of moving there before the baby is born, some provinces will cover you for health care the day you arrive if you are moving from another country. Some provinces will normally not but will make exceptions for childbirth. For OHIP see http://www.health.gov.on.ca/english/public/program/ohip/ohipfaq_dt.html#Q2 to find out if you are exempt. If not, you can go to another province. Alberta will cover you from day one if you move from another country.

SAM6

Aug 16, 2008
Dear Leon

The problem is that neither me or my wife are in Canada...

We are still tied to our jobs in UAE ... with the current economic situation we became reluctant to do the final move...

SAM6

Aug 16, 2008
PLease share your knowledge of hospitals in Toronto, based on your experience or relatives experience..

Which is the best one to have birth in?

Thank you and have a great day every one

SAm6

kikokit

Sep 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 26, 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov. 5, 2010
File Transfer...
Feb 11, 2010
Med's Request
March 16, 2010
Med's Done....
April 20, 2010
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
May 27, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2010
LANDED..........
july 12, 2010
same problem bro... my wife will give birth in august in missassauga ontario.. do not shot yourself yet, because to be eligible for ohip you have to be physically present in ontario for 3 straight months.... i asked around how much would it cost me and it is 7 to 10 thousand because my wife is giving birth tru c-section... normal delivery will cost abt 3 thousand.. good luck to us bro!

kiko

kenswife

Star Member
May 17, 2010
sam6 you need to get in touch with the midwives of ontario, i know they deal with special cases such as people without OHIP le sage femmes is a group of midwives based in pickering that i know please get info from a midwife before you go to the hospital

mario.lara

Dec 29, 2011
kikokit said:
same problem bro... my wife will give birth in august in missassauga ontario.. do not shot yourself yet, because to be eligible for ohip you have to be physically present in ontario for 3 straight months.... i asked around how much would it cost me and it is 7 to 10 thousand because my wife is giving birth tru c-section... normal delivery will cost abt 3 thousand.. good luck to us bro!

kiko
Hi Kikkit and all Hope can you tell more about you experience with you chid born I am now in Brampton and Ineed some advise about where place can you recomend me in missisauga

thank for your advices