+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Give the details of your employment for the past 10 years

maidenbrazil

Jan 27, 2019
Hello everyone.

I'm currently applying for work permit with LIMA.

Into Application for Work Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1295) form have a section called Employment (Give the details of your employment for the past 10 years).

All my previous jobs were remote and the companies are located in the United States.

If I fill out these fields with the city and country of the companies, can this create some problem in my work permit process because I did not work locally in the United States?

maidenbrazil

Jan 27, 2019
If you mention the country as USA where you worked, you need to be legally entitled to work in the states which means you should file taxes in US. In very rare cases non-residents of US have to file taxes.
Since you work for a US company who has outsourced work to you(at a different company), you are taxable for the work in your country and hence your physical location of work remains to be not in United States. Hope this clears up your confusion.
ok dude, thank you for it.

Just for a double check, I'll put the name of the company that I worked and the city/country I'll put the city/country that I live, right

longkhoitran

Dec 19, 2020
Hi I have a question in my case. The form requires me to fill the "Current activity/occupation", but I just finished my program at university and currently don't have any job. So how do I fill it?