+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Girlfriend got a maximum length TRV after 1 day of processing

south

Dec 18, 2018
I am here to share my success story with my girlfriend who has been fortunate enough to receive a Multiple Entry TRV that is valid for the life of her passport (which is a long time). We look forward to spending the holidays together with my family before she has to return.

Odds
  • She's young
  • She's a student
  • She's financially supported by her parents
  • Refused TRV before for multiple reasons, and the GCMS notes showed that she had no chance

Processing
  • Application Submitted (Online): Thursday, November 27, 2018
  • Biometrics Instruction Letter and sent Biometrics via CVAC: Friday, November 28, 2018
  • Passport Request: Monday, December 3, 2018
This TRV took one day to process.

We suffered a refusal the first time around and believed that we'd have no chance at another TRV. Despite making a great effort together in the previous application, her TRV was still refused. We scrapped the old application and started fresh. We read hundreds of threads on here and on other websites and devised a plan that we called "the perfect application". We paid extraordinary attention to detail and to supporting documents. No speculative statements were made. Every single statement on the letter of explanation was backed by a supporting document and precisely referenced so the visa officer could do quick cross checks.

Now, this wasn't just about the supporting documents. You really need to have good ties to your home land, or rather, you need to show your ties to the best of your ability. It requires some deep thinking and analysis. You need to think hard about your ties. Part of this comes from honesty. If you have bad intentions from the get-go, it will most likely show up in your application. Honesty goes a long way, but it is still not enough; it does not suffice to make empty promises to a VO and expect them to believe you no matter how honest you are. Emotional, desperate letters will hinder your chances. You need proof, good proof.

Apart from the proof, make the application easy to read, easy to skim over. Order your documents in logical order and in the right sections. Provide a table of contents for each batch of documents so they can travel to the documents that they are interested in rather than hunting for them. It will make it less of a headache to go over.

It wouldn't have been a strong application without the amount of knowledge I acquired through research, though. Do your research, learn from people's mistakes. If you don't get accepted, order the GCMS notes and see what you can do to improve your application the next time around.

Most importantly, DON'T LOSE HOPE!

Happy Holidays

Last edited:

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I wish this thread could be stickied so the rest of us will never have to post again, lol.

These were my favorite parts:

We read hundreds of threads on here and on other websites

You need proof, good proof.

It wouldn't have been a strong application without the amount of knowledge I acquired through research, though. Do your research, learn from people's mistakes. If you don't get accepted, order the GCMS notes and see what you can do to improve your application the next time around.

Last edited:

south

Dec 18, 2018
Can you please share the cover letter?
There are many definitions for a cover letter. My "cover letter" was a table of contents per section, and a letter of explanation that explained each document in each section and how it is relevant to the section it pertained to:
ie. Letter of Explanation.pdf: I am a student in my second year of studies. Proof: Purpose of Travel, Page 12 (University Enrolment)​

Regardless, the letter should remain relevant to your situation and is not a one-size-fits all document. It is referencing the documents you provided, and, if applicable, focuses on the previous reasons for refusal.

I encourage you to sift through previous threads because a lot of these questions were answered many times by senior members and/or people with experience and they provide great examples. It's good to recycle old material.

Here are some threads I found useful:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/cover-letter-for-reapplying-a-trv.248625/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/cover-letter-for-trv.509405/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-i-got-my-vietnamese-gf-a-trv.412456/#post-6694681

Anyhow, my letter is typical, so take it with a grain of salt. Here is the structure I used:
- Short introduction (2-3 sentences). If you have been refused before, acknowledge your previous refusal and note that you have made subsantial changes to your new application.

- Summary of the purpose of travel (Point form, or in a table. The proof speaks for itself. If you have to explain something, do so without writing a book.)
  • Dates of visit
    • I advise limiting your stay to 2-3 weeks max. More than this will weaken the representation of your ties. If you need to stay for more, you must be prepared to provide a considerable amount of reasoning backed by proof.
  • Reason
    • Do you have a good and legitimate reason? Provide a detailed itinerary.
  • Financer
    • Be honest. Explain any lump sum deposits and don't try to hide it with multiple tiny transactions. You won't fool anyone!
  • Relationship to hosts
    • Be honest. If it's your girlfriend, say so.
- Ties to home country (Point form, or in a table. The proof speaks for itself. If you have to explain something, do so without writing a book.)
  • Education
    • Tuition payments, proof of enrolment, transcripts, school activities, course schedule, upcoming exams,.etc. If you are actually a student who is serious about their education then all of these should be easily available to you.
  • Finances
    • Show at least 4 months of bank statements. Show all assets. They must be legitimate. Explain any weird transactions. Unfortunately if you aren't financially stable then you will lessen your chances of approval. There isn't a way around it unless you make up for it with your other ties.
  • Travel History
    • Show your previous visas and travel history. If you don't have any, you can't do anything about it unless you apply for visa's in other countries.
  • Family
    • Who are you leaving behind? Try to prove that someone depends on you back home.
  • Society
    • This one is big. Are you integrated into your society? Do you pay taxes? Do you do any volunteer work? Is there something significant that you have done for your society to or are planning to do?
The goal I set out with this post is to inspire others to use the ridiculously abundant amount of resources currently available all over the internet and educate themselves on what it takes to earn a TRV. It's not a freebie. There are conditions you must meet to get one. My help is no different from the help of others.

Last edited:

upendrakumars

Dec 11, 2018
There are many definitions for a cover letter. My "cover letter" was a table of contents per section, and a letter of explanation that explained each document in each section and how it is relevant to the section it pertained to:
ie. Letter of Explanation.pdf: I am a student in my second year of studies. Proof: Purpose of Travel, Page 12 (University Enrolment)​

Regardless, the letter should remain relevant to your situation and is not a one-size-fits all document. It is referencing the documents you provided, and, if applicable, focuses on the previous reasons for refusal.

I encourage you to sift through previous threads because a lot of these questions were answered many times by senior members and/or people with experience and they provide great examples. It's good to recycle old material.

Here are some threads I found useful:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/cover-letter-for-reapplying-a-trv.248625/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/cover-letter-for-trv.509405/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-i-got-my-vietnamese-gf-a-trv.412456/#post-6694681

Anyhow, my letter is typical, so take it with a grain of salt. Here is the structure I used:
- Short introduction (2-3 sentences). If you have been refused before, acknowledge your previous refusal and note that you have made subsantial changes to your new application.

- Summary of the purpose of travel (Point form, or in a table. The proof speaks for itself. If you have to explain something, do so without writing a book.)
  • Dates of visit
    • I advise limiting your stay to 2-3 weeks max. More than this will weaken the representation of your ties. If you need to stay for more, you must be prepared to provide a considerable amount of reasoning backed by proof.
  • Reason
    • Do you have a good and legitimate reason? Provide a detailed itinerary.
  • Financer
    • Be honest. Explain any lump sum deposits and don't try to hide it with multiple tiny transactions. You won't fool anyone!
  • Relationship to hosts
    • Be honest. If it's your girlfriend, say so.
- Ties to home country (Point form, or in a table. The proof speaks for itself. If you have to explain something, do so without writing a book.)
  • Education
    • Tuition payments, proof of enrolment, transcripts, school activities, course schedule, upcoming exams,.etc. If you are actually a student who is serious about their education then all of these should be easily available to you.
  • Finances
    • Show at least 4 months of bank statements. Show all assets. They must be legitimate. Explain any weird transactions. Unfortunately if you aren't financially stable then you will lessen your chances of approval. There isn't a way around it unless you make up for it with your other ties.
  • Travel History
    • Show your previous visas and travel history. If you don't have any, you can't do anything about it unless you apply for visa's in other countries.
  • Family
    • Who are you leaving behind? Try to prove that someone depends on you back home.
  • Society
    • This one is big. Are you integrated into your society? Do you pay taxes? Do you do any volunteer work? Is there something significant that you have done for your society to or are planning to do?
The goal I set out with this post is to inspire others to use the ridiculously abundant amount of resources currently available all over the internet and educate themselves on what it takes to earn a TRV. It's not a freebie. There are conditions you must meet to get one. My help is no different from the help of others.
Thank you so much for putting your thought here !!
would you please help me understand my case .

How can I proceed with re applying for TRV for my Fiance.

My fiance's sister is student in Toronto so she has invited her mom and my fiance for visitor visa.
They applied in last week of Nov and got decision first week of dec 2018.

Below are refusal ground sated by Visa Office :
--I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
--I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
--I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

Based on above here what I find:
1. My Fiance have more than 3+ yr working exp but started new job since Jun 2018 .
2. Agents didn't submitted her bank statement or any kind of fix deposit /financial papers
3. She never has chance to visit so no travel history
4. No return ticket and itinerary provided with Day to day plan

Visa office has granted the visa for her mom but refused her application.
Now , I have below concern :
1. I am PR holder in canada ( working here since jul 2014 ) and got engaged to my fiance in Jun 2018.
2. I moved with above approach because of her blood relation ( her sister) was already studying.
3. My wedding is planned in Feb 2019 , what will be better approach to reapply for TRV ?
a. Reapply again as independent case with strong financial ties invitation letter from her sister
b. Apply new application for TRV after marriage - invitation letter from me

I just want her early arrival in Canada.

Thank you so much !!