+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ghost update

sheeponthetree

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
I got 3 Ghost Updates in consecutive 3 days. (when click in NOTHING is changed in MyCIC )

But after those GUs, seeing nothing changed in ECAS and MyCIC

can anyone tell me when I can expect a dm/ppr

luckyrabbit13

Apr 26, 2019
No one can give you an accurate estimate but you may see something within the week. (Or not! But a lot of people do.)

It may not be a full DM. I got a ghost update that was just an additional documents letter.
I got 3 Ghost Updates in consecutive 3 days. (when click in NOTHING is changed in MyCIC )

But after those GUs, seeing nothing changed in ECAS and MyCIC

can anyone tell me when I can expect a dm/ppr

sheeponthetree

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
No one can give you an accurate estimate but you may see something within the week. (Or not! But a lot of people do.)

It may not be a full DM. I got a ghost update that was just an additional documents letter.
Thank you for the reply.

Those 3 ghost updates gave me NO changes all status or Reques Letters in MyCIC.

Hopefully it is not SS.

luckyrabbit13

Apr 26, 2019
Sometimes a ghost update is a portion of the BGC completing. They add it to your file but don’t always bother to update the outward facing part of GCKEY that we can see. It’s probably good news, even if you don’t hear anything. At least it’s movement!
Thank you for the reply.

Those 3 ghost updates gave me NO changes all status or Reques Letters in MyCIC.

Hopefully it is not SS.

Reactions: sheeponthetree

luckyrabbit13

Apr 26, 2019
(Also I ordered GCMS notes, and there was a week+ delay between an agent updating the file to say an additional documents request was needed and the letter actually getting generated and sent. So the ghost update could be that.)

sheeponthetree

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Sometimes a ghost update is a portion of the BGC completing. They add it to your file but don’t always bother to update the outward facing part of GCKEY that we can see. It’s probably good news, even if you don’t hear anything. At least it’s movement!
Thanks for the explanation man.

I will just wait patiently. Even tho I have been waiting for almost 17 months.

Reactions: luckyrabbit13