+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting the PR Card

amitgupa

May 13, 2014
Hi Guys

My MR is in Oct and I guess, I have 1 year left to land in Canada, but the problem is that I am not ready to shift to Canada once n for all as I already have a decent job abroad and want to save some money before moving to Canada.

I have one query regarding the PR card, What I have found from the Forum and other websites is that CIC takes around 45 days to send the PR card to your address after the arrival in Canada.So is it possible to Canada and then come back within 15 days, I have some friends in Canada and I can give the address of them to get the PR card.

So please let me know if there are any other options available.

thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can "land" first and then return to Canada once you save enough money. But how much is enough?

Anyways, the PR card would not ready in 15 days.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amitgupa said:
Hi Guys

My MR is in Oct and I guess, I have 1 year left to land in Canada, but the problem is that I am not ready to shift to Canada once n for all as I already have a decent job abroad and want to save some money before moving to Canada.

I have one query regarding the PR card, What I have found from the Forum and other websites is that CIC takes around 45 days to send the PR card to your address after the arrival in Canada.So is it possible to Canada and then come back within 15 days, I have some friends in Canada and I can give the address of them to get the PR card.

So please let me know if there are any other options available.

thanks
Do you hold a passport of a country that does not normally require a visa? If not you will need a travel document to return or wait for your friends to send you your card, in 2 months probably.

amitgupa

May 13, 2014
steaky said:
You can "land" first and then return to Canada once you save enough money. But how much is enough?

Anyways, the PR card would not ready in 15 days.
Enough to survive with my family in case I am not able to find any job for first 8-10 months.....

amitgupa

May 13, 2014
CanV said:
Do you hold a passport of a country that does not normally require a visa? If not you will need a travel document to return or wait for your friends to send you your card, in 2 months probably.
I require visa to arrive in Canada :(.

I guess these are the different scenarios...

1. We will inform to the landing officer at Canada airport that I need the PR card on the urgent basis, So they can give me one form to fill in, and then maybe I can get it after 2~3 weeks on the friends mentioned address. ( Don't know what is their basis to consider whether it is urgent or not??)
2. We land in Canada and then apply for the PR card at the Airport on normal basis. We fly back to my country and my PR card will reach to the friends address after 45 days or more.
3. We land in Canada and fly Back after 15 days.... My card doesn't reach after 45 days or 180 days. Should I be present there in Canada to reapply again???
4. We land in Canada and my wife n kid stay in Canada till the PR Card arrives and then they come back to my home country.
5. Travel Document for coming back to Canada in commercial vehicle........ Don't know how to get it and what are the requirements for these ????

HHH2000

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
amitgupa said:

1. We will inform to the landing officer at Canada airport that I need the PR card on the urgent basis, So they can give me one form to fill in, and then maybe I can get it after 2~3 weeks on the friends mentioned address. ( Don't know what is their basis to consider whether it is urgent or not??)
2. We land in Canada and then apply for the PR card at the Airport on normal basis. We fly back to my country and my PR card will reach to the friends address after 45 days or more.
3. We land in Canada and fly Back after 15 days.... My card doesn't reach after 45 days or 180 days. Should I be present there in Canada to reapply again???
4. We land in Canada and my wife n kid stay in Canada till the PR Card arrives and then they come back to my home country.
5. Travel Document for coming back to Canada in commercial vehicle........ Don't know how to get it and what are the requirements for these ????
There is no Urgent processing for first time landing immigrant.

Regarding options, to me 4 & 5 are better options

for 3, Yes you need to be in Canada but you can come by TD.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amitgupa said:

Travel documents can be issued by a visa office outside of Canada. Go to the website of that specific office and see what their requirements are. If you have recently landed then you cannot be in breach of the 2-year residency requirement and therefore you should have no problem obtaining a the PRTD. It normally takes 5 days to process and it looks exactly like a visitor or immigrant visa.

xeeshanbare

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Brunei
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2014
Doc's Request.
24-06-2014
Nomination.....
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
24-03-2014
IELTS Request
ALong with Application
File Transfer...
02-04-2014
Med's Request
04-09-2014
Med's Done....
15-09-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR 1-25-09-2014, PPR2-5/11/2014, Decision Made
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
amitgupa said:

I am on the same boat, I am also worrying that how can I returned to canada if i land and stay for 15 days.

Did immigration will chop any visa stamp on my passport? if yes than it can be use for reentry in canada without PR card?