+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting PRTD from Abu Dhabi, UAE

Jerry1410

Star Member
May 17, 2015
Dear All

I want to ask if anybody has experience in getting PRTD from Canadian Consulate in Abu Dhabi, UAE. How long will this take.

I applied for PR Card renewal. My application was referred to secondary review and I was asked to provide several documents. I did and the CIC has sent a letter saying that they have approved the renewal of the PR Card and will request the CPC (Case Processing Centre) to issue the card. So far I have not received the card or any letter regarding this.

Does anybody have any similar experience and do you know how long it will take for the CPC to send the Card.

I am outside Canada and want to travel to Canada by mid Feb. Do you think it is a good idea to apply for PRTD if the Card does not come by Mid January.

Thank you for your replies

karakou

Sep 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
15-10-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
hello

did you manage to get your PRTD? how much time did it take?

Thanks

sarah2016

Dec 9, 2016
karakou said:
hello

did you manage to get your PRTD? how much time did it take?

Thanks
Hi I think he should have his card now.I applied for my husband multiple PRTD at the same office in FEB 2017,and have been told it takes Min 60 working days .getting close to 60 days,still no news.I'll update you guys

bahaar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-09-2010
@Sarah2016

Hi,

I am planning to apply for PRTD from Abu Dhabi office next week. I am currently in Canada but I am traveling for a short visit to Kuwait
1) from which country did you apply?
2) when your husband was last physically present in Canada?
3) did you submit your application with a copy of your passport or the original passport?

appriciate if you could answer me

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
bahaar said:
3) did you submit your application with a copy of your passport or the original passport?
If mailing the app you are supposed to submit PR TD app with the original passport, as the PR TD must be physically placed inside the passport.

During the time the PR TD is processing, you may not have a passport so plan accordingly.

sarah2016

Dec 9, 2016
bahaar said:
@Sarah2016

Hi,

I am planning to apply for PRTD from Abu Dhabi office next week. I am currently in Canada but I am traveling for a short visit to Kuwait
1) from which country did you apply?
2) when your husband was last physically present in Canada?

appriciate if you could answer me
Hi Bahaar,Of course!
I'm a canadian citizen and we have been living together for last two years,my husband works in UAE so we applied in Abu dhabi office ,his last trip was two years ago.
We provided tons of documents ,something like citizenship documents,a copies of my both passports ,dual nationality,and his, all passport copies of past six years.They didn't take the original passport as it takes too long,so they advised us to keep the passport and provide it at the time they call us for PRTD stamp.(check the website for documents,and they gave us two additional forms specifically for Gulf residents)
BTW make sure your admission office is not AD,there is no guarantee for fast track applications here.
Good Luck

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
sarah2016 said:
Hi Bahaar,Of course!
I'm a canadian citizen and we have been living together for last two years,my husband works in UAE so we applied in Abu dhabi office ,his last trip was two years ago.
We provided tons of documents ,something like citizenship documents,a copies of my both passports ,dual nationality,and his, all passport copies of past six years.They didn't take the original passport as it takes too long,so they advised us to keep the passport and provide it at the time they call us for PRTD stamp.(check the website for documents,and they gave us two additional forms specifically for Gulf residents)
BTW make sure your admission office is not AD,there is no guarantee for fast track applications here.
Good Luck
Can you post the link of forms specific to gulf residents. Thanks

sarah2016

Dec 9, 2016
we got an email today to submit the passport for stamp.I was told that passport would be handed back by 5 working days.
PRTD application :Feb 6,2017
Passport submission :Apr 19,2017

sarah2016

Dec 9, 2016
we have the passport with the multiple prtd stamp in it .It took 65 days.the validity is for one year.Do you have any idea how long we have time for the first trip?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sarah2016 said:
we have the passport with the multiple prtd stamp in it .It took 65 days.the validity is for one year.Do you have any idea how long we have time for the first trip?
If you want make multiple trips to Canada, only you can know how long you wish to stay in Canada in each trip.