+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting new US Police Certificates

littlebuggy

Feb 23, 2013
Hello,
My husband is applying for the permanent resident family class. We got his fingerprints taken and sent our application for police certificate off to the FBI (he is American). We received the police certificate in the mail, however it expires after 3 months so now we need a new one to include in our application.
Can anyone tell me if we need to go get new fingerprints done? Or is this not necessary since the FBI has the originals from last time on file?
It feels like a silly question but I can't find the answer so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

DuberBlue

Sep 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2013
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
Indeed. Fingerprints taken for this purpose are almost never kept on file (we have laws against it and I'm pretty sure the FBI does too). I did the same thing when we let our original police check lapse. Fortunately the fingerprinting agency we had gone to both times remembered us, took pity on us :) and gave us a small discount the second time around.

Millertimez

Jun 12, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
AOR Received.
03-01-2014
File Transfer...
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
28-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2014
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
littlebuggy said:
Hello,
My husband is applying for the permanent resident family class. We got his fingerprints taken and sent our application for police certificate off to the FBI (he is American). We received the police certificate in the mail, however it expires after 3 months so now we need a new one to include in our application.
Can anyone tell me if we need to go get new fingerprints done? Or is this not necessary since the FBI has the originals from last time on file?
It feels like a silly question but I can't find the answer so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
From my understanding, you would have to get a new fingerprints done and resumbit to the FBI. My wife did hers and it only costed $8. How long did it take for you to receive back the FBI police certificate? It has been 4 weeks since I submitted mine to the FBI.

lovelivelove

Dec 11, 2012
Getting Police Certificates at the interview

Hi,we got an interview letter yesterday for december 2,2013 under spousal.My sponsor wife is Canadian and she is also asked to remain present for interview. They have asked to bring original of all documents submitted.They have also asked to bring FBI report and State Police clearance certificates,Police clearance from my original country.These original reports was submitted along with our application in October 2012.Now just 6 weeks away from interview do I have to get another FBI report?????? the processing time for FBI report is 16-18 weeks.
Could anyone help to understand this?

scrls5

Mar 20, 2013
From the FBI website: Note: Although the FBI employs the most efficient methods for processing these requests, processing times may take approximately five to six weeks depending on the volume of requests received. For assistance, contact the Customer Service Group at (304) 625-5590.

I got mines some months ago in like..4-5 weeks, so hurry up and you may be able to get them in time!!