AOR Received.
Nov 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 2012, tfr to ISL May 2013
Med's Request
July 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
Ok...since I have all this free time on my hands...I was thinking that if each and every one of us gives out a "news tip" to the link below:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/feedback/?NewsTip

For example, tell them how timelines have increased for Pakistan from previously being 18 months to now 29 months (higher than all), and tell them your story, things about your spouse and yourself and wanting to start a life here and how this immigration issue is not being handled well and in a timely manner, I think that if enough of us do it, we would probably get somewhere. You would need to put emotion in it and show how it is affecting you. Also, I think that if you are afraid to put your Actual name on it and email address, put a different email than you have given to CIC and also put an alternate pen name, if you are worried about your identity and put it as "suggest a story idea" so they can make a little segment or something about it on the news...it wouldn't hurt to try I think. :) Just a thought, I will be doing this, maybe if we can get enough stories out, they may actually do some reporting on this topic.

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Personally, I like that Canada scrutinizes applicants from that part of the world. I know it sucks for the innocent, but let's be honest...there are terrorism concerns. If you deny that, well, you're not living in the real world.

FS

Wyz

Star Member
Mar 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
Nov 2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
July 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
Fencesitter said:
Personally, I like that Canada scrutinizes applicants from that part of the world. I know it sucks for the innocent, but let's be honest...there are terrorism concerns. If you deny that, well, you're not living in the real world.

FS
That's easy to say when you got approved in 5 months...but I think 18 months should be more than enough to prove if someone is involved in something or not. You know I've been a citizen of Canada for 21 years and I consider myself no less Canadian than you and I want the best for Canada too...you don't think I did my own extensive background check before actually marrying my husband...it should not take 2 years and 5 months to find this info out . I've gotten a secret security clearance which took 1 year...Canada needs to stop increasing the time and allow me, a citizen of Canada to start my life already. Try putting yourself in my shoes...I pay my taxes, do my part for Canada and I expect service like everyone else after I pay my fees and am given a timeline I expect it to be followed and not endlessly increased.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
It probably doesn't take 2 years and 5 months to get the info.. More likely 2 years and 4 months before the file is even opened because of all the 1000s of other applications before it in the processing queue. Also, you cannot compare it to a state security clearance level. The two are utterly different in the depth of detail involved.

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Wyz said:
That's easy to say when you got approved in 5 months...but I think 18 months should be more than enough to prove if someone is involved in something or not. You know I've been a citizen of Canada for 21 years and I consider myself no less Canadian than you and I want the best for Canada too...you don't think I did my own extensive background check before actually marrying my husband...it should not take 2 years and 5 months to find this info out . I've gotten a secret security clearance which took 1 year...Canada needs to stop increasing the time and allow me, a citizen of Canada to start my life already. Try putting yourself in my shoes...I pay my taxes, do my part for Canada and I expect service like everyone else after I pay my fees and am given a timeline I expect it to be followed and not endlessly increased.
Pakistan has all the characteristics of what Chomsky would call a 'failed state'. This has a lot to do with why it is taking so long to process applications. The Canadian government has the right to decide how long the immigration process takes. It's frustrating, but this is how it works; you'd better learn to accept it.

Yes, it's probably easier to say now that my wife has her PR card, but it also gives me a different perspective. Canada doesn't owe you anything. It's not what your country can do for you, it's what you can do for your country.

FS

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
Without going into the argument of a "failed state" of "a country filled with terrorists", my view is that Canadian govt follows a very tightly control immigration program to protect its interest (not just security, but also its social composition). Though it appears discriminatory, it isn't. Under Family Class (Spousal), people complain if it takes 2 years. But under Family Class (Parents/Grandparents) it takes over 5 years on average. I envy those under spousal class who get visas in 2 years. But is that discriminatory? I would say no and wait patiently for my turn.

No amount of media attention would help increase or decrease the amount of visas issued.

Wyz

Star Member
Mar 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
Nov 2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
July 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
sakamath said:
Without going into the argument of a "failed state" of "a country filled with terrorists", my view is that Canadian govt follows a very tightly control immigration program to protect its interest (not just security, but also its social composition). Though it appears discriminatory, it isn't. Under Family Class (Spousal), people complain if it takes 2 years. But under Family Class (Parents/Grandparents) it takes over 5 years on average. I envy those under spousal class who get visas in 2 years. But is that discriminatory? I would say no and wait patiently for my turn.

No amount of media attention would help increase or decrease the amount of visas issued.
You're kidding me comparing a spouse sponsorship to a parent sponsorship right??? So, in your view the companionship and presence of your spouse is directly equal to that of your parents? I completely disagree with that. You need your spouse to start your life...pick a house, picking a car, having kids with both mother and father present, taking up a permanent job...you need a spouse for all of that, you need the input of both people when you are settling into a new place. Sure it's nice to have parents around but your spouse is the one you start building your life with and that is the person you absolutely need when taking these huge steps.

I've seen new delhi timelines...I'm sure your answer would differ if your application was being processed in Kenya for example where the timeline is 27 months, the runner up for the longest timeline title.

I certainly don't want to increase the amount of time, that's going against my whole point...but at least it would help to stop the increases from happening so often.

Fencesitter said:
Pakistan has all the characteristics of what Chomsky would call a 'failed state'. This has a lot to do with why it is taking so long to process applications. The Canadian government has the right to decide how long the immigration process takes. It's frustrating, but this is how it works; you'd better learn to accept it.

Yes, it's probably easier to say now that my wife has her PR card, but it also gives me a different perspective. Canada doesn't owe you anything. It's not what your country can do for you, it's what you can do for your country.

FS
Hey, I'm not complaining about my original timeline, I know I was getting into a 24 month wait. It's the increases that come afterwards I have a problem with. Within a matter of a few months, timelines have increased 3 times and are now 29 months. I am just asking for my original timeline to be sustained. As long as my file takes 24 months, I'm all good, I was warned of that before I paid my fees, before I started planning my life...but the many increases afterwards, and probably more to come, that is where the issue lies.

And I disagree that Canada does not owe me anything. I think the government owes me to do what they tell me they will be doing, I think the system owes every single applicant at least that. It's as simple as that.

M

mikeymyke

Pakistan has higher wait times due to terrorism concerns, Kenya has higher wait times due to fraud, and Singapore has high times, due to the sheer volume of applicants (almost 11 countries for one VO)

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Wyz said:
You're kidding me comparing a spouse sponsorship to a parent sponsorship right??? So, in your view the companionship and presence of your spouse is directly equal to that of your parents? I completely disagree with that. You need your spouse to start your life...pick a house, picking a car, having kids with both mother and father present, taking up a permanent job...you need a spouse for all of that, you need the input of both people when you are settling into a new place. Sure it's nice to have parents around but your spouse is the one you start building your life with and that is the person you absolutely need when taking these huge steps.

I've seen new delhi timelines...I'm sure your answer would differ if your application was being processed in Kenya for example where the timeline is 27 months, the runner up for the longest timeline title.

I certainly don't want to increase the amount of time, that's going against my whole point...but at least it would help to stop the increases from happening so often.

Hey, I'm not complaining about my original timeline, I know I was getting into a 24 month wait. It's the increases that come afterwards I have a problem with. Within a matter of a few months, timelines have increased 3 times and are now 29 months. I am just asking for my original timeline to be sustained. As long as my file takes 24 months, I'm all good, I was warned of that before I paid my fees, before I started planning my life...but the many increases afterwards, and probably more to come, that is where the issue lies.

And I disagree that Canada does not owe me anything. I think the government owes me to do what they tell me they will be doing, I think the system owes every single applicant at least that. It's as simple as that.
It depends on the perspective ( notwithstanding the view of Canadian Govt ), some of us feel more responsibility towards our folks who are getting older and only have few more to live and 5 of that is gone waiting

Wyz

Star Member
Mar 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
Nov 2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
July 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
user828 said:
It depends on the perspective ( notwithstanding the view of Canadian Govt ), some of us feel more responsibility towards our folks who are getting older and only have few more to live and 5 of that is gone waiting
You always have the option of going back and being with them if circumstances require. I am sure most jobs allow you to take emergency leaves in situations like these and if not, quit your job, and assist your parents if they need you. Parents should come first in circumstances like these.

Starting a life and supporting someone are 2 different things. If you are at the point where you are debating going back, because you have a great job and a house and a life here, well, you already passed the starting a life phase. If your parents are in need of your assistance, I say you should be with them no matter what and support them because they are your parents afterall. If you're afraid you're going to lose your job in that process, well welcome to the starting a life phase again when you come back.

It is all about perspective. Spouse sponsorship and parent sponsorship cannot be compared, I stand by this point of mine.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Wyz said:
You always have the option of going back and being with them if circumstances require. I am sure most jobs allow you to take emergency leaves in situations like these and if not, quit your job, and assist your parents if they need you. Parents should come first in circumstances like these.

Starting a life and supporting someone are 2 different things. If you are at the point where you are debating going back, because you have a great job and a house and a life here, well, you already passed the starting a life phase. If your parents are in need of your assistance, I say you should be with them no matter what and support them because they are your parents afterall. If you're afraid you're going to lose your job in that process, well welcome to the starting a life phase again when you come back.

It is all about perspective. Spouse sponsorship and parent sponsorship cannot be compared, I stand by this point of mine.
Fortunately, they have visitor visa to be with me for extended period but I disagree on spouse part as each person has own priority. I respect your view, I have my own
Similarly spouse can visit on visitor visa too

From the Pakistani timeline POV, you have my sympathies - it is ridiculously long

Wyz

Star Member
Mar 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
Nov 2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
July 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
user828 said:
Fortunately, they have visitor visa to be with me for extended period but I disagree on spouse part as each person has own priority. I respect your view, I have my own
Similarly spouse can visit on visitor visa too

From the Pakistani timeline POV, you have my sympathies - it is ridiculously long
That's good for you and your parents. Of course everyone has their own views and I respect yours too.
Unfortunately, TRV for spouses in Pakistan are usually refused, tried and tested.

Thanks for the sympathies though :) I'm glad we agree on the timeline POV.