Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Hey guys,

Me and my fiance are starting the paperwork now for me to sponsor him and him to become a PR.

I just have one question.

We are going to be having a huge lavish wedding in a year from now that involves the church and reception. We usually have big lavish weddings and that is what we are going to have in summer 2011. My question is: We want to get married now so we can start the paperwork. The wedding is going to consist of my parents and a few others and it will just be lunch at the house. I was even thinking of wearing jeans.

Since I was a little girl I always wanted the white dress and big wedding and a lot of people but it is difficult to plan that in only a few weeks time. We just got engaged and my fiance has been here a little over 6 months.If it were up to me I wouldn't even get married right now and just wait until next summer but my fiance and I want to start our life together. Buy property, buy a car. I am working right now as I am a canadian citizen and he is not working as he does not have any sort of permit but we are eager to begin our lives. Canada says that for you to sponsor your spouse you must be married. That is the only reason that I want to marry him now. In fact, we are going to have two big weddings next year. One here for all my relatives and one in his home country with all his relatives.

We have also been together for 11 years and have tons of pictures and phone records of our phone calls.

Do you think that I can have this very small lunch wedding at the house and explain in a letter our plans for our weddings next year? I am such an honest person and would like to explain my thoughts in a letter to immigration but many people are telling me to throw a wedding and take lots of pictures.

Thoughts?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
You can have a small civil wedding now, with a small reception at your house, and still take lots of pictures. Lots of people have the civil wedding first, and then a big, lavish church wedding down the line. You can either not mention in your sponsorship application that you are planning two big church weddings later, or, and this is what I would recommend, say you are having the big church weddings later because you need more time to plan for them, and you want everyone to be able to come.
Especially since you are planning to have two church weddings, one in Canada, and one in your fiance's home country, I don't think the visa officer will be suspicious. As well, you have a long history together and a lot of proof.