+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting married to a Refugee Claimant.

SIMU147

Feb 21, 2017
Hello All,

I am in relationship with a refugee claimant from past 2.5 years. I first came to canada for studies and then applied for my Permanent Residency. My application is almost complete and I am waiting for my Passport request. after I get my Residency we plan to get married. I have following Concerns:

1) After i get married to him what should be the next step. Should he withdraw his file as a refugee Claimant???
FYI: He is here in canada from past 5 years and since then he was only called once for hearing which he could not attend due to medical reasons, since then he is waiting for his next hearing.

2) Which wedding option would be better Court Marriage Or Religious Wedding..? I plan to call my parents for either of the wedding so which one is more preferable??

Thank You In Advance

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
SIMU147 said:
Hello All,

I am in relationship with a refugee claimant from past 2.5 years. I first came to canada for studies and then applied for my Permanent Residency. My application is almost complete and I am waiting for my Passport request. after I get my Residency we plan to get married. I have following Concerns:

1) After i get married to him what should be the next step. Should he withdraw his file as a refugee Claimant???
FYI: He is here in canada from past 5 years and since then he was only called once for hearing which he could not attend due to medical reasons, since then he is waiting for his next hearing.

2) Which wedding option would be better Court Marriage Or Religious Wedding..? I plan to call my parents for either of the wedding so which one is more preferable??

Thank You In Advance

Court marriage

davek1979

Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2012
Doc's Request.
16-10-2012
AOR Received.
16-10-2012
Med's Request
16-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
15-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
There is no difference.

Babyfaced

Mar 11, 2017
SIMU147 said:
Hello All,

2) Which wedding o
SIMU147 said:
Hello All,

Thank You In Advance
SIMU147 said:
Hello All,

Thank You In Advance
ption would be better Court Marriage Or Religious Wedding..? I plan to call my parents for either of the wedding so which one is more preferable??

Thank You In Advance
You can chose to settle for either of the marriage options both are standard but he needs withdraw his refugee claim since it's not been heard and his lawyer should follow through for him.