Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
march 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2013
LANDED..........
May 3, 2013
Hi! I have been engaged for two years and I can't get married because I am in the middle of the Immigration process and I don't know what would be the implications of doing so. My dad got a job in saskatoon and applied for a provincial nomination which we got in august. Then we applied for pr and sent our docs to cio in sydney. They approved the process and sent us a letter with uci numbers and etc. Now I'm waiting on immigration here to tell us when to do medical. Our online status at cic.gc.ca now says "in process" so now I wan to know if I can go ahead and get married while the process is at his current state or should I wait to get through with the permanent residency first. How long of a delay would we experience if I get married now? When the application status says "in process" how long does it take to get through? Please help me!

Mumay1829

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
NOC Code......
Open Permit Received Issued on May 20 and received on May 30
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 19, 2014- CIC received Dec 22, 2014
Doc's Request.
PCI request on May 11, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 27, 2015
Med's Request
March 20, 2016
Med's Done....
March 29, 2016- Received from ECAS
Interview........
July 14, 2016
LANDED..........
July 14, 2016 :) Yaaaaas
jadianna said:
Hi! I have been engaged for two years and I can't get married because I am in the middle of the Immigration process and I don't know what would be the implications of doing so. My dad got a job in saskatoon and applied for a provincial nomination which we got in august. Then we applied for pr and sent our docs to cio in sydney. They approved the process and sent us a letter with uci numbers and etc. Now I'm waiting on immigration here to tell us when to do medical. Our online status at cic.gc.ca now says "in process" so now I wan to know if I can go ahead and get married while the process is at his current state or should I wait to get through with the permanent residency first. How long of a delay would we experience if I get married now? When the application status says "in process" how long does it take to get through? Please help me!
Hi you can go ahead and get married even you are n the middle of PR processing. After marriage yuo have to inform CIC about it and add your husband application to your application. Therefore it will take a little more time to process your PR as your husband is part of processing and they need to do the same thing on what they process it to you all the bakground checks and so on... But if I were you better to wait for your PR landing then get married to avoid more delays in processing.

jadianna

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
some time in august 2012
AOR Received.
november 13, 2012
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
september 24, 2012
Med's Request
february 12, 2013
Med's Done....
february 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
march 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2013
LANDED..........
May 3, 2013
Mumay1829 said:
Hi you can go ahead and get married even you are n the middle of PR processing. After marriage yuo have to inform CIC about it and add your husband application to your application. Therefore it will take a little more time to process your PR as your husband is part of processing and they need to do the same thing on what they process it to you all the bakground checks and so on... But if I were you better to wait for your PR landing then get married to avoid more delays in processing.
Thanks a lot! Think I'm gonna wait!

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
If you're a dependant on a PR application and you get married, you are no longer eligible to be included in your father's PR application. He can still apply, but you must be dropped.

If you get married before landing and don't tell CIC, you can never sponsor your spouse.

You need to wait until you land to get married.

jadianna

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
some time in august 2012
AOR Received.
november 13, 2012
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
september 24, 2012
Med's Request
february 12, 2013
Med's Done....
february 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
march 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2013
LANDED..........
May 3, 2013
amikety said:
If you're a dependant on a PR application and you get married, you are no longer eligible to be included in your father's PR application. He can still apply, but you must be dropped.

If you get married before landing and don't tell CIC, you can never sponsor your spouse.

You need to wait until you land to get married.
I decided its best to wait. I was a dependent on my dads documents, however because I passed the age of 22 I was nominated separately by the province.

roannezelle01

Feb 21, 2018
Hi. I would like to ask for advice too, i am going to land in manitoba on march 12, 2018 as permanent resident on a single status. my fiance and i deciding when is the best time to get married. We been engaged for 1 yr .
My question are :
1 . Is it possible to get married right away when i got my permanent resident card after 3 months when i arrive
2. Will canada allow us to get marriend while my irish fiance will visit me in manitoba .