+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting married in Canada, can she stay with me?

LikeNunes

Nov 3, 2016
Hey guys, I am curently in a college in Toronto as an international student, but my girlfriend is coming to Canada from Korea to visit me, and I am thinking about proposing her to be my wife. I have heard a lot of stories about people that got married in their home country and came together to Canada and while one was in school the other was able to work. I would like to know the following:

1- If I get married to my girlfriend here in Canada, is she able to stay and get the work permit while I am in college even if we are both non-Canadian? How does that work?

2- If possible, how about after my college ends,does she have to go back?

We have been together for over a year now, but the distance is killing us, so since I am completely alone in this country, I would like to bring my beloved close to me.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

LikeNunes

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
she can apply for spouse work permit so she can work.

1. she can possibly apply for pr under nominee or express entry etc if she is eligible while she is working in Canada
then she can continue to stay in Canada during and after your study.

2. she can apply for work permit with LMIO ( if she can find a work willing to sponsor her visa)

3. either of them is not working, she can change her status as a visitor then continue to stay in Canada (not working/studying)

hope it helps.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-spouse.asp