+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting invitation with CRS score of 406

nekhil137

Jan 28, 2016
Dear Members,

What are the chances of getting an invitation with a CRS score of 406?
I have seen all the draws conducted till now and found that the cut off score never went below 450.

Since, I don't hold a master's degree so increasing CRS score significantly will not be possible for me, even if I increase my Language score.

What do you guys suggest me to do now?

Regards,
Nikhil

vdassani

Star Member
Nov 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nekhil137 said:
Dear Members,

What are the chances of getting an invitation with a CRS score of 406?
I have seen all the draws conducted till now and found that the cut off score never went below 450.

Since, I don't hold a master's degree so increasing CRS score significantly will not be possible for me, even if I increase my Language score.

What do you guys suggest me to do now?

Regards,
Nikhil
Hey Nikhil, Ontario used to send PT's on score above 400 but presently (from February I think) they are not sending any invites. It may be due to the backlog as I read in some article online. The article also suggested that they MIGHT start issuing PT's again post September as they would have cleared majority of the backlog by then. I would recommend you to either wait till OINP starts again and apply under PNP, or retake IELTS if your score is under 7 in any band individually. My points increased from 404 to 464 by getting good scores (7.5+ each band) in IELTS.

All the best!

nekhil137

Jan 28, 2016
Thanks for the reply.

Though, I have got a minimun of 7 band in each section of IELTS but I can try improving it a bit. Even after that improvement the score will not cross 432.

vdassani

Star Member
Nov 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nekhil137 said:
Thanks for the reply.

Though, I have got a minimun of 7 band in each section of IELTS but I can try improving it a bit. Even after that improvement the score will not cross 432.
In that case I would suggest for you to wait for Nominee programs to open up and apply under PNP as the score didn't go below 450 last year as well.