+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting file transferred from New Delhi VO to United States before passport rqst

manpreetgr8

Feb 15, 2009
Hello!

I am expecting passport request in next couple of weeks for PR stamping after having got my medicals done recently. My VO is New Delhi, however I am not in India at the moment. Since its not legal to send the Indian passport by courier to outside country of residence, what other options do I have? Is it possible to request the VO to transfer the file to VO in United States and submit the passport here instead? Please advise.

Thanks!

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
May not be possible. I have traveled back to India for passport submission. I have submitted via VFS India. It took around one month time for pr stamping.

Suryak86

Sep 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
AOR Received.
14-07-2014
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
14-08-2014 ( Medical Received : 24-08-2014)
Interview........
RPRF : March 30th, 2015
Passport Req..
20-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
manpreetgr8 said:
Hello!

I am expecting passport request in next couple of weeks for PR stamping after having got my medicals done recently. My VO is New Delhi, however I am not in India at the moment. Since its not legal to send the Indian passport by courier to outside country of residence, what other options do I have? Is it possible to request the VO to transfer the file to VO in United States and submit the passport here instead? Please advise.

Thanks!
It is definately possible. I am in the same situation as you are having done my medical and waiting on HOPEFULLY my rprf request and passport request from NDVO.

You should email NDVO to facilitate stamping at CPC ottawa and they should do it for you fairly easily. Then you can send your passport to CPC ottowa.

manpreetgr8

Feb 15, 2009
Thanks a lot really appreciate you guys taking time to respond. Last time (a month back) I tried to contact NDVO for another query, I never got a response back from them. I sent them email and also filled the enquiry web form, but didn't get any response. This makes me a little worried, what if they don't respond this time as well :(