+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting Canadian PR while already having US Green Card

someone1991

Jul 31, 2018
Hi, I just got my US green card few days ago and I live in USA. I previously applied for Canadian PR and successfully got an Immigrant Visa. Now I plan to do a landing in Canda to get the PR. Will it cause me any issue if I utilize the Canadian immigrant visa and visit canada for two three days to get the PR and then comeback to the US.
I am asking interms of immigration questions at both US and Canadian airports.
Thanks

chandu_rck

May 13, 2019
Hi, I just got my US green card few days ago and I live in USA. I previously applied for Canadian PR and successfully got an Immigrant Visa. Now I plan to do a landing in Canda to get the PR. Will it cause me any issue if I utilize the Canadian immigrant visa and visit canada for two three days to get the PR and then comeback to the US.
I am asking interms of immigration questions at both US and Canadian airports.
Thanks
hi Did landing Canada for PR impacted your US green card? I heard that jsut getting candada pr would cancel your green card even though you didnt live in Canada for more than a week.Is that true?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi Did landing Canada for PR impacted your US green card? I heard that jsut getting candada pr would cancel your green card even though you didnt live in Canada for more than a week.Is that true?
As @cansha indicated, the Canadian PR has nothing to do with the validity of a US GC. It is, however, much more difficult to maintain GC status as it requires physical presence (living in the U.S.) much longer (each 5 year period) versus maintaining Canadian PR status. I suspect that some, eventually, find it to be too muck work.