+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting an IT job with English Graduation

arun_a_r

Sep 14, 2017
I am a graduate in English and planning to get a PR to Canada. My expertise is in IT, servers, networking, cloud etc.7 years exp Will I struggle to get a job there bcoz of my non-technical graduation?
My experience In India is, even if the JD asked for Engineering graduates, they will consider me. Also will this irrelevant Exp and qualification affects my CRS point? Please help.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
First a polite mention that posting anything in capitals or as here in bold font could be taken as you are shouting which is not so good on here.

How many CRS points do you think you get would be the first question.

Impossible to say on the job front given apart from the degree angle a lot of employers look for Canadian experience which obviously without being in Canada already is a bit difficult .

Personal view and many will disagree but after 7 years since graduating job experience should be the primary consideration over a degree when job hunting but every employer is different and most new, not all, immigrants take months to find a job often starting in unrelated fields just to survive given the competition for jobs.

Have you checked out job postings on indeed, monster, linkedin to see what they ask for ?

arun_a_r

Sep 14, 2017
First a polite mention that posting anything in capitals or as here in bold font could be taken as you are shouting which is not so good on here.

How many CRS points do you think you get would be the first question.

Impossible to say on the job front given apart from the degree angle a lot of employers look for Canadian experience which obviously without being in Canada already is a bit difficult .

Personal view and many will disagree but after 7 years since graduating job experience should be the primary consideration over a degree when job hunting but every employer is different and most new, not all, immigrants take months to find a job often starting in unrelated fields just to survive given the competition for jobs.

Have you checked out job postings on indeed, monster, linkedin to see what they ask for ?
My apologies, i didn't meant that.That was an issue that happened when i copy paste it from my word. I will never repeat the same. I think i can score CRS between 428-440. I checked the job sites, some are asking for technical graduation, but here in India also most employers will ask for technical graduation, but they will never rejected me saying that my graduation is irrelevant.