+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

getting a travel document

vanraj

Sep 11, 2011
hello,
I ll be landing in canada in oct 2011 mostly. I have been informed that to receive Pr card it takes nearly 2 to 3 months nowdays. I am not sure if i can stay for such a long time because of my job in home country. i shall give my relatives address for the same. i was wondering if the immigration office in canada calls me for whatsoever reason, then is it easy to get a travel document from india. Also after our landing procedures in canada, probably after a month or so all my family members will leave back to india with me. So in that case do u think it can get difficult for me to obtain travel document, even if i am not having any residential ties there in canada.

Plz help

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Vanraj,
There is no problem for exiting Canada and returning to your home country (or to any other place of interest) after landing. You should keep the copy of every member's COPR safely with you, as it is the only valuable proof you have as landed immigrant. There is no problem for applying for the travel document from your home country. You can download forms and apply to the CHC. If your prefer, your friend could send the PR cards with a reputed courier like DHL, FedEx or UPS and that would be easier for you to avoid the formalities of applying PRTDs. Consider what you feel appropriate. :)

vanraj

Sep 11, 2011
thanx wilson. i was just wondering about the current trends, if there is any change.
Thanx once again

Pk09

Jul 26, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
wilson said:
Hi Vanraj,
There is no problem for exiting Canada and returning to your home country (or to any other place of interest) after landing. You should keep the copy of every member's COPR safely with you, as it is the only valuable proof you have as landed immigrant. There is no problem for applying for the travel document from your home country. You can download forms and apply to the CHC. If your prefer, your friend could send the PR cards with a reputed courier like DHL, FedEx or UPS and that would be easier for you to avoid the formalities of applying PRTDs. Consider what you feel appropriate. :)
Even getting a travel doc is not hassel. u just need to have landing papewrs, passports and may one or two other docs. pl refer to cic website for exact details. However it is not an issue

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vanraj said:
thanx wilson. i was just wondering about the current trends, if there is any change.
Thanx once again
Thanks vanraj. There is no change on the procedure. The fee for PRTD is CAD 50-00 per application.