waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
ifear said:
It asks for my husbands Notice of Asessment, what exactly is this? My mother in law says that it has to do with my husband having filed taxes and he has never done that. He was thinking of filing this year, are we going to have to wait for a response from the government after filing in order to get the notice of asessment?
A Notice of Assessment (NoA) is a document that CRA (Canada Revenue Agency) sends you that is a summary of your tax return. It also shows the income you reported and the taxes paid among other info. It is a good document to prove that you file and pay taxes.

Has y our husband been filing his taxes in the past and just missed his recent filing? Or has he not been filing at all despite earning income?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
While sponsoring a spouse does not require a minimum income to do it, it WILL require the Sponsor to show ability to care for not only his/herself but that of his/her spouse.

It doesn't sound as if your spouse has a full time job capable of doing this at this current moment. I would carefully, very carefully being crafting and outlining the details about how your husband and yourself plan to take care of yourselves if/when your PR visa is granted.

Personally, I would avoid any attempts at getting a loan at this point in time if your spouse doesn't even make enough to warrant filing a tax return. That is only going to cause you to go into debt you likely won't be able to pay and that can lead to stress in a marriage. Never something any of us want.

This might be more 'prying' than you'd like, but do you mind if I ask how old you and your spouse is/are? Do you both have a good sorted out plan on how you will survive if/when you are granted a PR visa? How are you both surviving now, since my guess would be you aren't yet able to work legally in Canada.

Remember, if you want the best possible advice from the membership here, it is best to try to be as forthcoming with information as possible so that we can help to understand your situation and ensure to give you advice that will work for you rather than blanket advice that works for 'many'.

Best of luck to you.

ifear

Jan 5, 2015
Alurra71 said:
While sponsoring a spouse does not require a minimum income to do it, it WILL require the Sponsor to show ability to care for not only his/herself but that of his/her spouse.

It doesn't sound as if your spouse has a full time job capable of doing this at this current moment. I would carefully, very carefully being crafting and outlining the details about how your husband and yourself plan to take care of yourselves if/when your PR visa is granted.

Personally, I would avoid any attempts at getting a loan at this point in time if your spouse doesn't even make enough to warrant filing a tax return. That is only going to cause you to go into debt you likely won't be able to pay and that can lead to stress in a marriage. Never something any of us want.

This might be more 'prying' than you'd like, but do you mind if I ask how old you and your spouse is/are? Do you both have a good sorted out plan on how you will survive if/when you are granted a PR visa? How are you both surviving now, since my guess would be you aren't yet able to work legally in Canada.

Remember, if you want the best possible advice from the membership here, it is best to try to be as forthcoming with information as possible so that we can help to understand your situation and ensure to give you advice that will work for you rather than blanket advice that works for 'many'.

Best of luck to you.
Seems like everyone likes to try to get more information then necessary about information im not asking about. If I had questions about the minimum requirements for any type of income. We have reasons for wanting to attempt to take out a loan, and it seems as if there isn't even one thats available. Thanks for your help.

Christoph100

Jun 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-09-2014 Rcvd 27-09-2014, 29-09-2014
AOR Received.
SA :04-09-2014
File Transfer...
04-09-2014 AOR2 09-23-2014
Med's Done....
05-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2015 Validity-10-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
31-05-2015
ifear said:
Seems like everyone likes to try to get more information then necessary about information im not asking about. If I had questions about the minimum requirements for any type of income. We have reasons for wanting to attempt to take out a loan, and it seems as if there isn't even one thats available. Thanks for your help.
The reason people ask about your individual situation is to try and give advice, that the members here think for that situation, will benefit you in the long run.

ifear

Jan 5, 2015
I appreciate it, truly, I just don't understand in the point in asking questions that have nothing to do with the information i'm trying to obtain lol

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
ifear said:
I appreciate it, truly, I just don't understand in the point in asking questions that have nothing to do with the information i'm trying to obtain lol
As said above, the point is so that they can help you. Alurra was asking for more info because your partner makes barely any money, you aren't able to work and you are inquiring about taking a loan. There is a very good chance that CIC may have issues with your financial situation; though it doesn't happen often, CIC can and will refuse an app on financial grounds.

ifear

Jan 5, 2015
We have other sources of income that are nontaxable. Which is why it wasnt an issue. Which is why I didnt ask for help in that particular area.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
ifear said:
We have other sources of income that are nontaxable. Which is why it wasnt an issue. Which is why I didnt ask for help in that particular area.
You could have simply stated that. This forum is full of people who want to help and when we notice something that could be an issue, such as the financial info you provided, we ask for more info to give advice. I've read and commented on some of your other threads and your responses, like the one above, often come off as rude. Perhaps this forum isn't the best place for you to be seeking help.

ifear

Jan 5, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
You could have simply stated that. This forum is full of people who want to help and when we notice something that could be an issue, such as the financial info you provided, we ask for more info to give advice. I've read and commented on some of your other threads and your responses, like the one above, often come off as rude. Perhaps this forum isn't the best place for you to be seeking help.
Ive had one other thread. and the person who mainly replied to me on that one was very irate from the first response I got from them lol Not much I can do about that. Not trying to be rude I just dont see the point in divulging a bunch of details that dont have anything to do with what im asking. I mean Im asking very very specific questions and mainly just asking for someone to point me in the direction of where to find the information myself. So if anything it just seems rude to me that anyone would think I automatically need to give every detail of my situation just because of the type of forum this is. Like I said I appreciate the help and it seems like a lot of people are coming from good places, but im really trying to limit the type of information i'm getting to avoid getting a bunch of different answers and ***opinions*** instead of actual facts.

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
ifear said:
Ive had one other thread. and the person who mainly replied to me on that one was very irate from the first response I got from them lol Not much I can do about that. Not trying to be rude I just dont see the point in divulging a bunch of details that dont have anything to do with what im asking. I mean Im asking very very specific questions and mainly just asking for someone to point me in the direction of where to find the information myself. So if anything it just seems rude to me that anyone would think I automatically need to give every detail of my situation just because of the type of forum this is. Like I said I appreciate the help and it seems like a lot of people are coming from good places, but im really trying to limit the type of information i'm getting to avoid getting a bunch of different answers and ***opinions*** instead of actual facts.
If you were asking about getting a loan I'm not sure this is not the best place to ask. If I were you I would get your husbands credit report from somewhere like equifax.ca that way you can best judge the state of his credit history. Poor credit means less likely you will get a loan or a much higher interest rate. Really you can only judge the state of your finances and whether you can afford to take it out, make the repayments and afford the usual cost of everyday living.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
ifear said:
I'll excuse myself from your future posts then since you don't seem to care whether pertinent information to your particular situation matters. I should probably also point out that if you feel these questions are too 'invasive' I sure as heck hope you guys are prepared for the actual application and/or an interview if necessary.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
ifear said:
Actually you've had 3 other threads. In the one you are talking about, I actually defended you even though I found some of your responses rude as well. Won't make that mistake again.

And really, as brucem said above, an immigration forum is not the place to ask about a loan. Responses are, of course, geared towards the immigration aspect; if you want loan advice, ask on a financial forum.

ifear

Jan 5, 2015
brucem said:
If you were asking about getting a loan I'm not sure this is not the best place to ask. If I were you I would get your husbands credit report from somewhere like equifax.ca that way you can best judge the state of his credit history. Poor credit means less likely you will get a loan or a much higher interest rate. Really you can only judge the state of your finances and whether you can afford to take it out, make the repayments and afford the usual cost of everyday living.
Thanks for your response. I thought that it might have different circumstances and requirements than a loan from an actual bank, and I also thought that members here might have had experience with trying to obtain it, which is why I asked. I've since looked into it and realized that it isn't something we'll need to do. As for his credit, we've been doing our best to build it up with small purchases on a credit card, savings account we've had several years now with regular deposits, and steady income. Ty for the direction to equifax as well!

ifear

Jan 5, 2015
Alurra71 said:
I'll excuse myself from your future posts then since you don't seem to care whether pertinent information to your particular situation matters. I should probably also point out that if you feel these questions are too 'invasive' I sure as heck hope you guys are prepared for the actual application and/or an interview if necessary.
Theres a significant difference between giving out personal information to some random who thinks they have all the answers online, and an immigration officer trying to find out if my relationship is real.