+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GET YOUR HEALTH CARD AND HEALTH INSURANCE!

Canuckluvus

Star Member
Jan 26, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-02-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-2013
LANDED..........
14-12-2013
margobear96 said:
As Amikety said it's a separate sheet of paper with foil seal on it. When I got mine at the border, the IO stapled it into my passport.

BTW, you should call or email and follow up about your extension. According to the website, the processing time for visitor visas (and I assume visitor records) is 34 days...if applied for online in Canada.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp
Thanks Amikety and Margobear! Sent off the paperwork to add my wife to my MSP to my work HR today. We sent the application for extension in by snail mail and the processing time for it that way is 160 days or something. She'll get it after we apply for our next extension probably! We read somewhere that she has implied status while it is being processed. If a miracle happens maybe her PR application will be approved first! Lol :)

lovekoto

May 27, 2013
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila-Phils
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amitheonlyone said:
**VERY IMPORTANT**

For anybody thinking their wife or husband can't be covered by insurance in Canada until they get PR, that is not correct! I called Health PEI again and got a much more knowledgeable person than the first time I called. She said "As long you have a receipt for PR, her expired student visa, her birth certificate, and your marriage certificate, you can get a health card. It will take about 10 days to be processed and then when you receive it you can get extended coverage through any company of your choice if you wish."

So yeah! A lot of this PR stuff is not written out and you have to look for it. I almost want to write a small book after this is all over detailing the tips and tricks that nobody tells you about.

Anyway, all you people who have applied for PR should be eligible for health coverage!

Details:
The coverage offered by the province will be active for two years (it's supposed to give you enough time to get PR accepted). Keep in mind that it is very limited as to what it covers so as soon as you get your health card you should apply for extended health coverage though the insurance company of your choice. You can only apply for extended health coverage when you have your health card because the insurance company will ask for your health card number.

Good luck!
Thanks for the info!