+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Get Passport back

Kaisa_18

Nov 26, 2018
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
Btw if i get my passport back and i wnt to apply for 5 years RTD later . Will they ask me to submit my passport again ??
Yes, If you have your national passport you MUST give it to IRCC when you apply for RTD. It's very clear when you fill out the RTD application

DBI

Star Member
May 27, 2017
Canada Toronto
Yes very true I got my passport back from airport road cbsa and I second they are very good. They requested my passports from montreal and then called me to collect. I collected it today. Appreciate such services. Anyone need help feel free to ask me to explain steps to get passport back.
Hi Lucky, could you please tell me the steps you followed to get the passport back. Thank you!

Reactions: luckyrefugee

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Hi Lucky, could you please tell me the steps you followed to get the passport back. Thank you!
Sure I explained few times before but will over view. If you applied at any airport for refugee ur passport will
Be with cbsa. It’s easy to get if you applied inland at Ircc then it’s a bit long but you will
Get in at end of the day

hamasi

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
hi friends, has anyone received its passport? I wrote a letter to the hamilton office and just wondering if anyone has received the passport .i appreciate if you guys share your story.

Reactions: luckyrefugee

DBI

Star Member
May 27, 2017
Canada Toronto
Sure I explained few times before but will over view. If you applied at any airport for refugee ur passport will
Be with cbsa. It’s easy to get if you applied inland at Ircc then it’s a bit long but you will
Get in at end of the day
Thanks, I'm a inland claimant. So how we should request for this? is there any number we can call or email? is it possible in this pandemic? I know before when we get our co-PR we will get those back. please help I need my N.I.C back asap. Thanks

Dorothy111

Oct 1, 2018
Hi there!

Anyone knows if Passport Canada in Ottawa (Gatineau) is already open for public? Do we have to book an appointment or is it still completely closed for in-person visits?

(I’d need to get a document out from them and I’m thinking about going in in-person since I’m living in Ottawa and phone calls are taking forever each time.)

Thank you!!

Shahrooz63

Jun 17, 2021
I am here in Canada, I have the CoPR and the new SIN number, just waiting for physical PR card ( I already applied) but I don’t know if they sent it to me automatically or I have to send a letter or pick it up.
Did you get your passport?
how long was the duration between your court and receiving pr card?

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
Hey guys, anybody knows here how to get passport back from Etobicoke IRCC office? Should I just go there with explanation letter and my COPR ?

Reactions: Fadros

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
Hey guys, anybody knows here how to get passport back from Etobicoke IRCC office? Should I just go there with explanation letter and my COPR ?
I have the same question @mimika. Please update me if you end up going. I would go myself but now I live 3 hours away :confused:

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
I have the same question @mimika. Please update me if you end up going. I would go myself but now I live 3 hours away :confused:
I’ve been there today. They told me until August they cannot give/send passports back. They will keep everyone updated. I also sent them an email with explanation (I got an official letter from my company that I have to go to Gulf region this fall and these countries don’t accept RTDs) , ircc responded in 30 minutes that they will get back to me once they will be able to process request. In addition, they stated(idk if it’s true) that they have kind of “priority list for people that need seized documents for essential urgent needs”.. I assume it’s gonna be hell once they’ll open the office for passport returns...
That’s so stupid tbh. Etobicoke office is full, there are so many people that have appointments for eligibility interviews.. I can’t believe that they don’t have enough staff to process passport requests :/ what’s a point to keep thousands of passports there..

I asked them “why you can’t give passports back relying on covid restrictions. Are our passports infected with delta stamp or what” lol they started laughing and sent me home :/

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
I’ve been there today. They told me until August they cannot give/send passports back. They will keep everyone updated. I also sent them an email with explanation (I got an official letter from my company that I have to go to Gulf region this fall and these countries don’t accept RTDs) , ircc responded in 30 minutes that they will get back to me once they will be able to process request. In addition, they stated(idk if it’s true) that they have kind of “priority list for people that need seized documents for essential urgent needs”.. I assume it’s gonna be hell once they’ll open the office for passport returns...
That’s so stupid tbh. Etobicoke office is full, there are so many people that have appointments for eligibility interviews.. I can’t believe that they don’t have enough staff to process passport requests :/ what’s a point to keep thousands of passports there..

I asked them “why you can’t give passports back relying on covid restrictions. Are our passports infected with delta stamp or what” lol they started laughing and sent me home :/
Thank you so much @mimika. God bless you.

They are a bunch of incompetent idiots. That's all if you're wondering. Using Covid as a justification for their laziness and incompetence.

• Sad
Reactions: mimika

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
Hello everyone,
Can anybody guide me how can I get my passport back?

Thanks
Which office ? As far as I know, if your document was seized at the port of entry - you can go to cbsa office to collect it. Bring ID and COPR with you.
Ircc Etobicoke office doesn’t give passports back until august (that’s what they told me)

Reactions: Fadros

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

It looks like you did receive protected person status in Canada and are not a citizen so you should not be traveling to any Middle Eastern country if you need to use your passport. You would be putting your status in Canada at risk. I am sure your employer wouldn’t want to risk your ability to remain in Canada for a business trip.

Faghafar

Feb 19, 2020
Which office ? As far as I know, if your document was seized at the port of entry - you can go to cbsa office to collect it. Bring ID and COPR with you.
Ircc Etobicoke office doesn’t give passports back until august (that’s what they told me)
My documents were seized in Ottawa?
Should I go to Ottawa office?