+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Get home country passport back after becoming PR

Protected person

Star Member
Feb 14, 2022
Keep in mind that even once you are a PR and can get your home country passport back, you should not be using it to travel.
Sorry ur info is wrong i got my passport last month and at that time i asked that cbsa officer that can i use this for travel.. she said yes u can but u cant go back to home country

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Sorry ur info is wrong i got my passport last month and at that time i asked that cbsa officer that can i use this for travel.. she said yes u can but u cant go back to home country
Three actions are known to trigger a cessation referral:

1. Traveling to your country of nationality, against which you claimed persecution
2. Traveling using a passport from your country of nationality
3. Renewing the passport from your country of nationality

Protected person

Star Member
Feb 14, 2022
Three actions are known to trigger a cessation referral:

1. Traveling to your country of nationality, against which you claimed persecution
2. Traveling using a passport from your country of nationality
3. Renewing the passport from your country of nationality
This is for the refugee status not PR status..

When u got PR no.2 and no. 3 options will be excluded..

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022

No. Doesn’t matter if you are pr. The reason you received pr status because of refugee claim. It’s up to you if you travel or not. But I recommend you to be careful. I have a few examples around me. Some of them were going back home for vacation and deported after 20-25 years. One of them went to the Mexico for vacation with home country passport and officer started processing cessation.

theclaimer

Star Member
Jul 29, 2022
No. Doesn’t matter if you are pr. The reason you received pr status because of refugee claim. It’s up to you if you travel or not. But I recommend you to be careful. I have a few examples around me. Some of them were going back home for vacation and deported after 20-25 years. One of them went to the Mexico for vacation with home country passport and officer started processing cessation.
I second you @Canadian_rainbow. My lawyer also advised me " Never travel with your country passport".

Reactions: Canadian_rainbow

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
I second you @Canadian_rainbow. My lawyer also advised me " Never travel with your country passport".
I know its easier than travel document. Also some countries don’t really accept travel document. But nothing to do.
Since beginning I knew that
I am not going to travel to home country again.
I am not going to renew or ask my home country passport from ırcc.
I am not going to use it to travel to another countries too.

Reactions: theclaimer

Protected person

Star Member
Feb 14, 2022
I know its easier than travel document. Also some countries don’t really accept travel document. But nothing to do.
Since beginning I knew that
I am not going to travel to home country again.
I am not going to renew or ask my home country passport from ırcc.
I am not going to use it to travel to another countries too.
Half information is always damgerous..

+18004619999 This is cBsa border information no..
Call them to confirm.. i just called them 2 hours ago.. they said as soon as u got ur PR card.. u can renew ur passport or u can travel on it unless dont go to home country..
So cheers

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
Damn an article from 2014..
If u think these arricles worth more than CBSA information i wish u all the best
these same CBSA officers will not support you nor confirm anything in writing if you are referred for cessation, the law is quite clear (https://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/en/legal-policy/legal-concepts/Pages/RefDef12.aspx)- what you do is up to you.

Also your logic here doesn't stand as these are not mutually exclusive- you only have PR because you were a refugee.

Reactions: Canadian_rainbow

Protected person

Star Member
Feb 14, 2022
these same CBSA officers will not support you nor confirm anything in writing if you are referred for cessation, the law is quite clear (https://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/en/legal-policy/legal-concepts/Pages/RefDef12.aspx)- what you do is up to you.

Also your logic here doesn't stand as these are not mutually exclusive- you only have PR because you were a refugee.
I dont wanna waste my time and ur on it..

Just call urself on 800-461-9999. This is CBSA BORDER Information.
Ask them and clear ur concept about it

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
I dont wanna waste my time and ur on it..

Just call urself on 800-461-9999. This is CBSA BORDER Information.
Ask them and clear ur concept about it
you are stuck in a loop and you cant seem to absorb what others are saying.
even if god told me i can travel on my national passport I wont do it.
thankfully canada is a free country and we can each do what we want to do.

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
you are stuck in a loop and you cant seem to absorb what others are saying.
even if god told me i can travel on my national passport I wont do it.
thankfully canada is a free country and we can each do what we want to do.
I love how you are thinking If you are travelling with your national passport why did you do refugee claim right? If I am thinking that way I beleive immigration can easily think. That’s why they have travel document