09-09-2010
Passport Req..
07-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2011
LANDED..........
10-02-2011 (Expected)
Dear ALL,

We know that we are apart but love holds two hearts together forever. These times are hard and all of us pray daily to god to get us closer to our partners without whom the lives are so incomplete. We come to different forums, we see a happy post then become happy, we see a negative post and be negative, we smile when any couple details the experience that they have united and we are sad when some sad news comes in. Its now like a big family wherein we pray for each other and wish that every genuine couple reunite together as soon as possible.

Its an idea that came into my mind to create a petition and let us all sign it so that we can forward it to respectable Immigration Minister of Canada that they should grant TRV's by an initial assessment to the genuine couples and let them live together process the case side by side. By this way it gives chance for couples to be together and not feel apart.

Feel free to sign the petition at the url below and let us unite together for the cause which is as very important for every couple as their lives.

Good Bless all and may all the couples reunite ASAP....

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/reunite

bobswife

Jul 28, 2010
ALBERTA
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 oct 2009-AIP AND OWP 30/4/10
Doc's Request.
15 June 2010
Med's Request
2ND MARCH 1 2011
Med's Done....
17 MARCH 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
they sent letter to decision made and app was transfered to Edmonton Ab
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon!!!hope before may 31 2011
LANDED..........
soon!!;)
I am agree 100% let's talk loud!!!!I have none problems with immigration,I am just lucky!!!but i can not ignore the rest of the people suffering and i think we should have one channel in tv at least one hour everyday to discuss and deal with the sistem.also sharing experiences!!!thanks ;)

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012

mrspedroso

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2009
AOR Received.
15-10-2009
File Transfer...
16-09-2009
Interview........
27-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2010
LANDED..........
08-03-2010
I understand but tell me.. WHO is going to recided wich relation is genuine tell me ????

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
mrspedroso said:
I understand but tell me.. WHO is going to recided wich relation is genuine tell me ????
I would guess that that the people who SHOULD be processing the PR visa's would now be assessing applicants to process TRV's... I bet that the time frame for that would be similar to what it takes for each visa office to process the PR, as that is what the visa office is doing when they process the PR. SO what would be the point? It would take the same amount of time to assess a relationship to grant a TRV.

And I suspect that the reason that they generally dont issue them is because what if down the road while they are processing the PR they find something that makes the applicant inadmissible... are they just going to take the applicants word that they will leave the country if they arent granted a visa?

GTWifey

Star Member
May 24, 2010
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
(Re-Do) July 2011
Interview........
May 2011
Passport Req..
July 2011
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 27TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!
LANDED..........
September 2nd, 2011
This makes so much sense! I agree 100%.

matthewc

Jan 18, 2010
Grimsby, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland (CPC-Vegreville)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
heatherusa said:
I would guess that that the people who SHOULD be processing the PR visa's would now be assessing applicants to process TRV's... I bet that the time frame for that would be similar to what it takes for each visa office to process the PR, as that is what the visa office is doing when they process the PR. SO what would be the point? It would take the same amount of time to assess a relationship to grant a TRV.

And I suspect that the reason that they generally dont issue them is because what if down the road while they are processing the PR they find something that makes the applicant inadmissible... are they just going to take the applicants word that they will leave the country if they arent granted a visa?
Do a thought experiment with me... let's say we have two married couples, both living abroad who want to move to Canada to work. In both couples one of the spouses is highly skilled, and easily able to find work in a field that is in high demand. For argument's sake let's say they're all visa-exempt.

Couple A are two foreign nationals.

Couple B are a Citizen and a foreign national.

Now, Couple A's husband gets a job offer, and it takes the employer a few weeks to get an LMO. Once that's done, they can travel to Canada together. Husband A applies for and is granted a work permit on entry. Wife A (as the accompanying spouse of a temporary foreign worker) can also get an open work permit on entry.

Couple B's wife gets a job offer (she's the Canadian citizen). As a citizen she can return to Canada immediately, but she wants her husband to come too and work. Sure, as a visa-exempt FN he can come, but he can't work. She has to sponsor him first and everything that entails, unless he can qualify for a work permit in his own right. He can't get any permission to work until the PR app is processed.

Result: the accompanying spouse of the foreign national can work straight away, but the spouse of the Canadian citizen cannot. The system prioritises spouses of skilled foreign nationals over spouses of skilled Canadian citizens.

On the one hand, I agree with you about spouses potentially being less likely to leave, but remember that it's fairly easy for (visa-exempt at least) spouses to visit while their PR application is in progress.

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
matthewc said:
Do a thought experiment with me... let's say we have two married couples, both living abroad who want to move to Canada to work. In both couples one of the spouses is highly skilled, and easily able to find work in a field that is in high demand. For argument's sake let's say they're all visa-exempt.

Now, Couple A's husband gets a job offer, and it takes the employer a few weeks to get an LMO. Once that's done, they can travel to Canada together. Husband A applies for and is granted a work permit on entry. Wife A (as the accompanying spouse of a temporary foreign worker) can also get an open work permit on entry.

Couple B's wife gets a job offer (she's the Canadian citizen). As a citizen she can return to Canada immediately, but she wants her husband to come too and work. Sure, as a visa-exempt FN he can come, but he can't work. She has to sponsor him first and everything that entails, unless he can qualify for a work permit in his own right. He can't get any permission to work until the PR app is processed.

Result: the accompanying spouse of the foreign national can work straight away, but the spouse of the Canadian citizen cannot. The system prioritises spouses of skilled foreign nationals over spouses of skilled Canadian citizens.

On the one hand, I agree with you about spouses potentially being less likely to leave, but remember that it's fairly easy for (visa-exempt at least) spouses to visit while their PR application is in progress.
I never realized this until you pointed this out! DAMN. This is crazy. And needs to be highlighted in some form as discrimination against canadian spouses..It really hurts as i am a skilled worker (masters etc) and i am baffled that two foreign nationals have more rights to work and to live together than my hubby and I. :mad:

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
matthewc said:

Very interesting and definitely a thought provoking insight. I quite agree that this is grossly unbalanced. The issue of the work permit is entwined with the TRV, but is secondary to the issue the original poster spoke to which is to quickly assess the genuineness of a marriage and then grant a TRV, which (IMO) is a make-work activity that cannot be accomplished in a manner that would be much faster than the whole PR process now. And due to volumes in different locations, processing times for locations such as ISB or Accra would end up becoming lengthy for the TRV just the way they are for the PR so it would just mean that more workers would be plowing away at an interim activity when the focus could be on the PR.

Love the thought provoking questions!