+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gee... There's gotta be some way! Help needed!

Jasmine

Apr 14, 2008
I hold a six-month tourist visa and came to Canada in the mid of November, 2007.
I got a job offer and my employer has applied for LMO since Feb, 2008. But till now I still haven't heard a thing about that LMO.
For some personal reasons between me and the employer, I don't think I will be comfortable working for him once I get my work permit. So I "quit".
Now I am looking for another job offer while having my LMO application file opend.
My questions are:

1. Do I need to call someone to cancel the old LMO application in order to apply for a new one when I find another sponsor? Or should I just let it be and like it's never happened and still have my new sponsor apply for LMO? So... do I call someone and cancel the one that's processing now or just let it be and apply for another one? OR, is there a way I can transfer my file to the new sponsor so we don't have to redo everthing from the beginning? If I can, how?(It's a big question, I know...)

2. While looking for another job offer, my tourist visa's expiring, sadly, in a month...
So I've applied for extending my stay in Canada like... two weeks ago.
Till now, I haven't got any reply yet. Tick-tock... tick-tock... my visa's expiring in a month!
Is there a way to speed it up or to check how my application goes? Is there anyone I can phone to refering to my application?

I didn't expect this would be easy but there's gotta be some way for me to stay in Canada (I am in Calgary, Alberta)! Wish I knew about this website earlier.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Jasmine said:
I hold a six-month tourist visa and came to Canada in the mid of November, 2007.
I got a job offer and my employer has applied for LMO since Feb, 2008. But till now I still haven't heard a thing about that LMO.
For some personal reasons between me and the employer, I don't think I will be comfortable working for him once I get my work permit. So I "quit".
Now I am looking for another job offer while having my LMO application file opend.
My questions are:

1. Do I need to call someone to cancel the old LMO application in order to apply for a new one when I find another sponsor? Or should I just let it be and like it's never happened and still have my new sponsor apply for LMO? So... do I call someone and cancel the one that's processing now or just let it be and apply for another one? OR, is there a way I can transfer my file to the new sponsor so we don't have to redo everthing from the beginning? If I can, how?(It's a big question, I know...)

2. While looking for another job offer, my tourist visa's expiring, sadly, in a month...
So I've applied for extending my stay in Canada like... two weeks ago.
Till now, I haven't got any reply yet. Tick-tock... tick-tock... my visa's expiring in a month!
Is there a way to speed it up or to check how my application goes? Is there anyone I can phone to refering to my application?

I didn't expect this would be easy but there's gotta be some way for me to stay in Canada (I am in Calgary, Alberta)! Wish I knew about this website earlier.

1. The employer should cancel the LMO.
2. The new employer has to go through the same LMO procedure, before you can apply for a work permit.
3. Nope, your visitor extension will take 48 days in Vegreville.

PMM