+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS ????

drewday

Champion Member
May 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello to all i have some few question about the GCMS notes ...

1. what is a GCMS notes? what is ATIP?
2. does it affect ( delayed) the application process?
3. who can request for this notes sponsor or principal applicant?
4. Does this notes will packed up the processing of my application?
5. If it is safe to order and will not affect the application please how to order this Online i hope?
6.How much ?

i heard this but not sure what it is can anybody help me about this and how to do have this please :p :p :p :p :p

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
08/27/2013 and 12/20/13 and 07/24/14
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
29/01/2013 redone 13/02/14 and 25/03/14
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
drewday said:
1. what is a GCMS notes? what is ATIP?
GCMS mean Global Case Management System. ATIP means Access To Information and Privacy. Basically your GCMS notes are just a record of notes the visa office has made in reviewing and assessing your application. It can provide you with information regarding what the visa office has done so far on your file.

2. does it affect ( delayed) the application process?
That question was discussed here recently. The consensus seemed to be that if you order the notes in electronic form it has no impact on the length of the application process since they just pull the notes out of the database in electronic form and email them to you. This is all done by the access to information folks. The visa office has nothing to do with providing the notes in digital form.

3. who can request for this notes sponsor or principal applicant?
Both can do it, but if the sponsor requests the principal applicant's notes, the principal applicant must sign a consent which you upload with your request. If you need the consent form it is here. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5744E.pdf

4. Does this notes will packed up the processing of my application?
I don't know what this means.

5. If it is safe to order and will not affect the application please how to order this Online i hope?
You can order them online here https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/.

6.How much ?
Five dollars. Notes arrive by email 30 days later.

There is a very helpful video showing you exactly how to do it here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_E_dq_uLVo

If you just filed your application, the notes will probably not tell you very much. Unless you have a specific concern with your application, I'd wait until the application has been in process at least 6 or 7 months before ordering.

drewday

Champion Member
May 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks so much bartjones this coming april my application will be 6 months so I will wait till then . :p

on my question number 4 I ask if does gcms will cause to packed my application I mean does it will be a reason to pull out my application, stop processing and send back my application to me ,

but things are clear now for me I will watch the video on yout tube , big thanks bartjones

have a bless day to you

:p :p :p :p :p :p

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
Great info. I ordered ATIP a few days ago (without using the youtube video... I just guessed at the fields...) hopefully it all works out haha.