+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

MoeD

Apr 23, 2017
FSW-Outland here
AOR: June 2017 (yes, 2017, you read it right).
Been in CSS since October 2017... CSIS sent their recommendation back to CBSA a full year ago and nothing moved in my application since then ... London VO

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
People who have been stuck under Comprehensive SS for too long, or their applications have crossed 1 year... I know a guy who owns a consultancy in UK and can help you, I highly recommend you guys hire someone to be your legal representative. I myself will also take his help if my ppr doesnt come within the next 2 months, because he has told me to wait till 1 year completes since aor. This guy also helped my sister when she was moving to Canada...I don't think waiting is the answer, we have to take some action.

Reactions: Eugene12

ghost023

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Just heard someone has been waiting for SS to be completed for already two years. It's super frustrating. Don't know how much longer I still need to wait for.:(

saani

Jul 29, 2017
People who have been stuck under Comprehensive SS for too long, or their applications have crossed 1 year... I know a guy who owns a consultancy in UK and can help you, I highly recommend you guys hire someone to be your legal representative. I myself will also take his help if my ppr doesnt come within the next 2 months, because he has told me to wait till 1 year completes since aor. This guy also helped my sister when she was moving to Canada...I don't think waiting is the answer, we have to take some action.
What this lawyer will do to expedite the process?

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
so, how does this work? I mean what different process those consultants do to communicate with CIC that we can't do on our own?
Idk, im not an expert. Only that the guy helped my sister as well when she was moving. They can ignore us all they want, but they definitely wont ignore your legal representative. I myself am for 100% doing everything on my own, i lodged my application on my own without the help of anyone else. But when we cross 1 year after AoR without any update, then it is surely time to take some action. If your application goes into the back burner, it will stay there forever. Unless you are willing to wait for 2-3 years, that is entirely your choice, I myself refuse to wait this long because i know such waiting time time is ridiculous and that nothing can take that long , and it is just absurd how they just let some applications sit forever and collect dust. You know it, i know it.

Reactions: Eugene12

ghost023

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Idk, im not an expert. Only that the guy helped my sister as well when she was moving. They can ignore us all they want, but they definitely wont ignore your legal representative. I myself am for 100% doing everything on my own, i lodged my application on my own without the help of anyone else. But when we cross 1 year after AoR without any update, then it is surely time to take some action. If your application goes into the back burner, it will stay there forever. Unless you are willing to wait for 2-3 years, that is entirely your choice, I myself refuse to wait this long because i know such waiting time time is ridiculous and that nothing can take that long , and it is just absurd how they just let some applications sit forever and collect dust. You know it, i know it.
thanks for this. But, I wonder what those consultants would do to help us?

StructuralGuy

Dec 25, 2018
Your logic does not hold true for Inland applicants . Because when Work Permit expires , we can apply for Bridge Work Permit and then the onus of responsibility is on CIC to make decision asap as they can not tell you to leave Canada without finalizing application . So relax and max they can delay is till the expiry of Bridge Work Permit.

Also, if you are looking for legal help , you need a good immigration lawyer not a consultant. My brother hired one from Edmonton after 1.5 year because everything was done. Literally, within a month of lawyers legal notice to CIC , my brother received his landing letter.
But , lawyer returned the flat rate $5000 fee saying he did not have to do anything for him and CIC was just being lazy.

xycan

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
From what I read on CBSA website, they are allowed to take 9 to 14 months on security screening hence the total application time shouldn't exceed 1.5 year if your eligibility is cleared.
Hi, a late congratulations. Your post is fairly inspiring. I would like to know from your CBSA note, did you find your Security Screening comprehensive? I heard someone was checked with normal SS, but not comprehensive. Thank you.