+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

Maryz

May 11, 2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2019
Hello @legalfalcon

Just received my cbsa note after three months delay and unfortunately they blanked all security part any clew on the reason ? Aren’t we supposed to receive all detailed notes by oredring cbsa notes ?

I’m now 9 months under ss and I know the average time processing is about 9-10 months but when I saw the blanked part I’m a bit afraid on going under a longer period just getting opssessed by that !

Also in notes the mention execution date : June 20th does that mean that they generated the notes on that date ?

Thanks

farah242

Star Member
Jul 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
14-08-2015
Med's Done....
09-09-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
hi everyone. my family security screening started last year in December and a latest Mp inquiry saya security still in process. 9 months and counting. please guide me on how I can get a stats update from CSIS on my behalf of my family. I'm a canadian citizen and they live in Afghanistan.

farah242

Star Member
Jul 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
14-08-2015
Med's Done....
09-09-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Still waiting for CBSA,Its day 33. And u?
is CBSA notes different than CSIS ?? I mean do these two work separately on our security check or what?

aleekhan1

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
hello all.
i am mar 18 aor.. and moved to ip2 on 21 jun 18.. since then no update. I ordered GCMS notes and it says
Medical Passed
Criminality passed
eligibility passed

security not started.

GCMS notes were generated on 26 Jul after one month of moving to ip2.

there was no hidden info on my gcms , no s15 and s16 .
I was just wondering if i am in SS or not as its been more than 3 months at ip2 stage and 3 months were ip1.. I am over 6 months time now

if anyone already in SS can comment ... when was the SS started .. after passing the 3 checks mentioned above...

Also after how many time of IP2 update ..your application was put in SS or ip2 and SS were updated at same time

Mtunguyas

Nov 30, 2017
is CBSA notes different than CSIS ?? I mean do these two work separately on our security check or what?
Yes CSIS report is different from CBSA notes. I think they do indenpendent checks but they work together.
IRCC>CBSA>CSIS>CBSA>IRCC

Sagj

Jul 19, 2018
hello all.
i am mar 18 aor.. and moved to ip2 on 21 jun 18.. since then no update. I ordered GCMS notes and it says
Medical Passed
Criminality passed
eligibility passed

security not started.

GCMS notes were generated on 26 Jul after one month of moving to ip2.

there was no hidden info on my gcms , no s15 and s16 .
I was just wondering if i am in SS or not as its been more than 3 months at ip2 stage and 3 months were ip1.. I am over 6 months time now

if anyone already in SS can comment ... when was the SS started .. after passing the 3 checks mentioned above...

Also after how many time of IP2 update ..your application was put in SS or ip2 and SS were updated at same time
exact same situation for me.. 14 March AOR, June Mid IP2...GCMS on 18 July show everything passed security not started.......I am PNP O

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, this is not a generalization but it may help others who are trying to immigrate to Canada by having a higher probability of not going in security screening. Please keep in mind that I am saying "probability" after looking at a number of applications from my friends and family circle. This also relates to many of the Pakistanis who are on this forum. If anyone wants to copy this text to another thread, they are more than welcome to do it.

For Pakistanis:
1. I have seen a number of applications who applied from Pakistan, without provincial nomination, who got their COPR within the six month period. So first point to consider here is that going for provincial nomination, especially for Pakistanis, may cause your application to go in security screening. The reasoning behind this is only known to CIC. But here is the interesting fact. All those who had British Columbia Nomination got their COPR within 180 days. The only issue is with Ontario Nomination.

2. All Pakistanis, who apply from Middle Eastern countries also have a bright chance of avoiding the security screening as per CIC, those regions are much more secured areas. I am not talking about Iraq, Iran or Syria here. The general trend is getting COPR within 3-4 months after you submitted your application.

3. Pakistanis who are applying from Canada and don't have Canadian experience and applied on the basis on FSW, may have a higher chance of avoiding security screening also.

Therefore, Pakistanis need to be very careful of getting a provincial nomination from Ontario. Although this give you 600 points, but it may have its side effects also. There may be a higher probability of getting into security screening.

But that being said, every application is different. There may a number of reasons behind falling into the death trap of security screening. I have posted my experience with security screening. I too was an OINP nominee got stuck in security screening as detailed in my signature. To avoid this process, you may want to consider other routes or increase your CRS.

Reactions: tottiren

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Eligibility passed....criminality passed....security not starated but that was as per 18 July...yesterday I got ADR for passport biodata page and eye color etc
You are close to getting your PPR now once you submit the ADR... max another week in my opinion

Last edited:

Abod1981

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Eligibility passed....criminality passed....security not starated but that was as per 18 July...yesterday I got ADR for passport biodata page and eye color etc
Whats your time please, your stram and eligibility passed date?