+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Most likely you are right. CSIS completes first so that is why you see a new activity in your GCMS notes.

Frankie Chan

Star Member
Oct 8, 2016
Most likely you are right. CSIS completes first so that is why you see a new activity in your GCMS notes.
If that is right, that being said CSIS completes my SS in a month? Can I say this is normal or faster than normal ? or the CBSA is the most time consuming part ? lol

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
If that is right, that being said CSIS completes my SS in a month? Can I say this is normal or faster than normal ? or the CBSA is the most time consuming part ? lol
CSIS would have said, this guy does not belong in our list and send it back CBSA saying, why the hell to you keep sending such profiles :D

Frankie Chan

Star Member
Oct 8, 2016
CSIS would have said, this guy does not belong in our list and send it back CBSA saying, why the hell to you keep sending such profiles :D

Haha, that would be really nice lol . but are you still 3 retracted activities plus one with security on ur latest notes? i think we pretty much have the same timeline lol

meharkhan

Jul 31, 2017
@legalfalcon I am 24th Feb 2017 AOR, my CSIS got completed on 21st June and report was sent to CBSA on same date. I ordered CBSA notes in late july and recieved in late august 2018 and as per it, CBSA is still in progress. How long it gonna take more?. its already 2.5 months since CBSA has received the CSIS completion report.

Please guide me. What could be the reason of it and does it mean that CBSA will also do the extensive security screening again?.

Reykhan

Nov 6, 2017
@legalfalcon I am 24th Feb 2017 AOR, my CSIS got completed on 21st June and report was sent to CBSA on same date. I ordered CBSA notes in late july and recieved in late august 2018 and as per it, CBSA is still in progress. How long it gonna take more?. its already 2.5 months since CBSA has received the CSIS completion report.

Please guide me. What could be the reason of it and does it mean that CBSA will also do the extensive security screening again?.
Similar situation here mate, except that only CBSA is involved in my security screening. Notes should be arriving sometimes next week so hopefully will be able to paint a better picture of what's going on. I'm May 2017 AOR.

tue2017

Oct 6, 2017

Hi,
May I know your timeline please? and nationality as well?

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It seems that ATIP has forgotten about my GCMS notes for the first time in 1.5 years. The notes had to be emailed by 3rd Sep 2018.

Reactions: Mtunguyas

kostya_k

Feb 24, 2017
24 Feb 2017, SS 12 Sept 2017 , CSIS completed on 21st June and CBSA in progress.
Hi meharkhan,

Do you happen to know how long the "CBSA in progress" usually lasts? I assume the CBSA check is the last check after which there should be PPR, right?

Last edited: