+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

RezJay

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
12-01-2017
AOR Received.
30-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Re Meds April '18
Passport Req..
May 2018
VISA ISSUED...
May 2018

Zagros Ahmed

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Kurdistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
How many active members are here?

I am a November applicant (AOR: 13 November -- FSW-O), and in less than a week, I will complete my 8th month! Truly irritated at this extremely unfair process. There are people from April who Have received their PPRs (with much fewer CRS points than us) and here we are, waiting for (potentially) six additional months (or more) just because we are unlucky enough to undergo this completely arbitrary process.

What is most irritating is that my AOR was 13 November, and I passed eligibility and had my application moved to Paris Visa Office by 29 November, then my application was there with ZERO movement or update until they started SS on 17 May (which is literally one day after I emailed them inquiring about why my application had not finalized even though 6 months had passed, so perhaps that email reminded them that my application existed and that they should be doing something about it).

Why the bloody hell did no one touch my application in PVO for over five months?! This is truly unfair.

Sugar2016

Jul 21, 2016
How many active members are here?

I am a November applicant (AOR: 13 November -- FSW-O), and in less than a week, I will complete my 8th month! Truly irritated at this extremely unfair process. There are people from April who Have received their PPRs (with much fewer CRS points than us) and here we are, waiting for (potentially) six additional months (or more) just because we are unlucky enough to undergo this completely arbitrary process.

What is most irritating is that my AOR was 13 November, and I passed eligibility and had my application moved to Paris Visa Office by 29 November, then my application was there with ZERO movement or update until they started SS on 17 May (which is literally one day after I emailed them inquiring about why my application had not finalized even though 6 months had passed, so perhaps that email reminded them that my application existed and that they should be doing something about it).

Why the bloody hell did no one touch my application in PVO for over five months?! This is truly unfair.
Looks like your application was sent to Paris by mistake. Normally SS is managed out of Ottawa, based on the other posts on here.

Zagros Ahmed

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Kurdistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
Looks like your application was sent to Paris by mistake. Normally SS is managed out of Ottawa, based on the other posts on here.
Well, I just checked my GCMS notes again and it is clearly stated that security screening is done by PVO. Do you think there is anything I can do or should I just bite my time and wait it out?

jianxia15

Jun 6, 2016
Just called IRCC and a nice lady told me that my application is still pending the results of security check. The request was sent in March.

Good luck to us all!

andremarques19751

Aug 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
BC Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
19-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-09-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hey guys, a quick question. This 'security screening' happens at IP1 or IP2? What i mean is that as this normally background check go into IP1 for few days and then NA and then to IP2, leading to PPR but for some cases, there is 'Security Screening', which usually takes a lot of time. So at what stage it starts? IP1 in Canada or IP2, at the LVO of the applicant?
IP2

Sugar2016

Jul 21, 2016
I received my July GCMS notes. Under Admissibilities, i can see that an additional 3 lines under security & 3 lines under security screening have been
redacted when comparing against my previous GCMS notes dated April. So it seems some progress is being made.

conroex3800

Nov 9, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07 Jan 2017
Just got reply from CSIS.
They told me my SS was started April 28th and was finished June 12th.

I have no idea what does CIC need now. Raising CSE with the scan of CSIS response.

Reactions: Lailina

jianxia15

Jun 6, 2016
I received my July GCMS notes. Under Admissibilities, i can see that an additional 3 lines under security & 3 lines under security screening have been
redacted when comparing against my previous GCMS notes dated April. So it seems some progress is being made.
Does the three lines include the one with not started? Thanks!

AK1285

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
ISB - Pakistan
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Soon In sha Allah!
I have raised a CSE since its been 6 months for me. I provided additional docs with rprf in May and my profile states that they are reviewing additional documents. How long does it take to receive a reply for CSE? should i go for GCMS too?