+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

Lucas456

Jul 5, 2023
They did integrated search and it has written in notes integrated search match with same name but different DOB. Sent for security screening. It doesn’t say it’s comprehensive only says security screening

Chuchu Train

Feb 27, 2023
Hello folks, what do you do with your visa while waiting for security screening for a long time? Or what if you got extra points with LMIA?

Olipete

May 6, 2024
where are you finding this trend? I’m waiting since October 2023 and there’s no movement on my file. Even contacted my MP and they said everything is passed but security is in progress
I am also waiting since October although it that of my spouse that is undergoing security screening. I am the principal and mine is completed

Olipete

May 6, 2024
Based on the trend of several cases that were stuck in SS and recently BGC was completed, you should get cleared very soon. I hope so.
Concerning this trend is it those stuck at CSIS or those at CBSA?

we have been waiting since October 2023. It is also confirmed they are doing checks with CSIS.

Smaliha

May 31, 2023
Hi,

I am FSW-O (PVO Montreal). AOR August 11, 2023. As per GCMS Notes everything is complete except BGC. Average processing time for PR Application is 5 Months and my application is at 9 Months.

Security Screening Started on Jan 29, 2024. (Probably due to travel history)

Applied for CSIS Notes, and it is in progress CSIS PPU 005.

When is the approximate time for SS - PR Application?

MarkSpenser

Star Member
Mar 23, 2023
Hi,

I am FSW-O (PVO Montreal). AOR August 11, 2023. As per GCMS Notes everything is complete except BGC. Average processing time for PR Application is 5 Months and my application is at 9 Months.

Security Screening Started on Jan 29, 2024. (Probably due to travel history)

Applied for CSIS Notes, and it is in progress CSIS PPU 005.

When is the approximate time for SS - PR Application?
Jan 2025

TTBR

Star Member
Dec 15, 2022
I have "Background verification status has been updated to In progress" and I am in SS. I know 3 other FSW-O individuals who have the same status and they are also in SS.
Do you know about any cases when the final decision was made in weeks, not 6+ months after such note in a tracker?

Reactions: Medmar